Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Palolem
34 Posts
Have a look at http://www.palolem.com it might be of some help

Good luck lassi
Hi lassigirl,

Have looked at that site and have it saved in my favourites!! It's really good but what I was hoping for was people's experiences of staying in Palolem and maybe personal recommendations of places to stay based on their visit.

Thanks anyway :wave

Lisa
Hi ya looby, we stayed at a place called ordo sounsar, 2 years running really nice. you don't overlook the sea but the huts a really quiet and peaceful with hamocks and sunbeds dotted around. there's a review of the huts in the hotel review section. they have huts with private facilities and normal huts which look out to the sea.
Looby

We went to Palolem last Jan and stayed in the huts just off the beach. They were about £2 per night. They were very basic and noisy as the waves breaking was louder than you think. Also the food on the beach huts was not as good as up north but it was still an enjoyable experience all the same. Go for it.
I will try and upload a couple of photos on the gallery for you to look at

bob
Looby

I have uploaded 3 photos of palolem on the gallery now

Bob
Hi looby,

La raja, i have not heard of, but Cafe Del Mar i have..its the most lively of all beach cafe's on palolem, located on a busy stretch of beach.. its a great place to hang out in the evenings as this is where the action is at most of the time..i wouldn't stay there though for these very same reasons..
The northen end of the beach is quieter and a nicer (in my opinion) place to stay and spend your day..take a right at the beach entrance and walk along..there are a lot of options- all of them have huts that face the sea with varying facilities, choose the one that looks good to you..i've stayed at Brendons, though the huts that face the sea do not have attached baths. Cozy Nook at the extreme north end is another nice option..
Happy 10th in advance..cheers.
we spent a day in Palolem and used a shack called Havana cafe , the food there was great and they had cocohuts for 1000rps per night with private facilities, will definitely stay over when we go in March.
:thanks everybody for all the info, really appreciated.

Hullsmoggy, I've looked in the Palolem album and don't think I can see your photo's? Sure the ones that I can see were already there though, knowing me could be mistaken!!

Don't know if anybody knows but, as I was looking through the Palolem album there were a couple of photo's that showed huts that might fit our bill. There was photo number 18 that showed a row of huts on the beach that looked quite nice and then another photo showing the inside of a hut complete with a mosquito net over the bed. As somebody who gets eaten alive whenever there are mozzie's around, a hut with a net would be great, save me having to bathe in Odomos before I go to bed!!

Bagaaddict, thanks for the tip, Cafe del mar looks fab on the website but think we're a bit too old to be staying in the "thick of it" if you know what I mean, we both really need our beauty sleep these days!!

To everybody else, I will write down the names of the places you have recommended and when we do go will try to check them out.

Thanks again :wave

Lisa
Hi Looby,

We stayed in Palolem in March. The first huts we were shown were a complete No No, they were up high and I really thought they were going to collapse!! It was a shame because they were the only ones we found that over looked the sea that had a toilet attached. We found that most of the huts right on the beach you see in the pictures, didn't have a toilet etc (I suppose because of the drainage), and you had to use the communal area (quite scary if you are a midnight wee-er).

Every hut we checked out had a mosquito net, fan and light. We ended up with one just set back off the beach a bit. It cost us roughly £2.50 for the night, not sure if that's good or bad. It had all the above, and an "en-suite".

As for beauty sleep.... We only stayed one night, and not knowing what to expect I barely got a wink of sleep, dogs barking, waves crashing (you don't realise how loud it can be) and god knows what dropping on the roof of our hut!!! But don't let that put you off, it hasn't put us off we're going again next year but we will be staying for longer!!

We really liked it there, sorry I can't be more specific with names of places.

By the way Hullsmoggy's pictures were in the upload folder When I looked.

Sorry to go on just thought I'd tell you about me experience.

Lx
Hi Lozza07,

No, you haven't gone on, really grateful for your input. Sounds as if we just need to get down there and see what's available for ourselves. The hut's you stayed in sound about what we're looking for, shame you can't remember the name but never mind.

Thanks for letting me know about Hullsmoggy's photo's too, didn't think to check the Upload file :hmmm They look really good, just can't wait to get there now, only 117 days to go......... :hyper

Cheers :glynis

Lisa
No probs.

I would definitely spend some time having a little look around at what's on offer.

Sorry about the name I've been racking my brain!! We just happened to get speaking to a guy that came from our area in London, and he recommended a place to us, where he spends the whole 2 weeks of his holiday!! It wasn't too far from Cafe Del Mar.

Also another little tip, try and make sure you get there when it's still light. We arrived in the dark, which didn't make it very easy to find somewhere to stay!
Lx
Thanks again Lozza,

it's tips like that, that are really useful. Makes perfect sense but probably wouldn't have thought about it myself :roll:

We're gonna do the Hampi trip whilst we're there as well and think I've got it pretty much sussed thanks to the help of Ginlizzy.

Don't know what I'd do without this forum!!

:bow
Ciaran's Camp in Palolem has a really good reputation and you can search it on the internet, a little more upmarket than some other accommodations there.
ShirleyV

just had a look on their website and it looks really lovely, have emailed them to enquire about rates and availability etc.

Cheers for that!!
We're staying at Ciarans in November!
oooh lovely, be sure to let us know what you thought of it - the prices I've been quoted are quite a bit higher than some others but it does look really nice so might be worth paying that bit more.

Have a great time!
Its for our honeymoon so we don't mind paying extra. The guy that has been emailing me sounds very friendly and helpful. These last few weeks are passing so slowly!!
Cafe Ibiza was a good place. Their huts had the usual en-suite facilities, clean and basic but adequate for a few nights stay, also had the mozzie nets but I expect most of them do anyway. The guys that ran the bar/restaurant were great, friendly and helpful and certainly added to the enjoyment of our brief stay. We will be returning for a couple of nights in November and can't wait. Sorry I can't remember what we paid but like most things in Goa, it didn't break the bank :lol:

Lozza07 - I think the first place you checked sounds familiar - we looked, then left - step ladder to climb down in the night was so rickety we would have broken our necks (specially if we'd had a few) :lol: Shame cos it was a great location on the beach.
That's right Fizzy, they had a ladder to climb up and I just kept saying to my boyf "what happens when I have had a drink? how am I supposed to get up there?!" Also when we were being shown around the room everytime someone moved that whole room shook!! Plus it was so dark we needed torches, and it was impossible to climb down the ladder whilst holding a torch at the same time, so one of us had to hold the torch and the other had to climb down!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.