Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Welcome to the forums :cheers

Click Here for our reviews - someone was there in May.
It is a fabulous hotel, on its own private beach. They do provide you with pool towels, you get a card which you exchange each day for a clean pool towel. Food is fabulous, so many restaurants to choose from, I especially enjoyed the grill on the beach......
Entertainment is spectacular......they really do push the boat out with the shows, if thats your kind of thing. A five minute walk down the road and there is a good selection of bars, shops and restaurants. Not too far to Side, we did walk it one day along the beach, took us about 40 minutes I think :think .....we got a cab back though LOL

any questions....just ask! :)
Hi Fitzy

I have been eyeing the hotel up for a week this year if I can do it, but next year thomas cook don't have it on the web now. It really looks nice hotel. The restuarants is it like other hotels you can only use each one once per week.
Thanks Fitzy for your reply, it's very much appreciated!

Are the restaurants quite "dressy" for the evenings? (I like dressing up!) Can men wear the 3/4 length trousers?

Any trouble getting sunbeds in the morning?

We are going with our 2 daughters age 7 and 10 and some friends and their 2 daughters. It looks so lovely on the web-site. We can't wait!

Thanks again.
Re the restaurants.....as far as I recall you can go to them as often as you like, however you have to book if you want to go to any other then the main beffet restaurant. We especially enjoyed the Turkish restaurant.......oh and the fish restaurant......

As regards sun beds, we never had a problem.....there seem to be plenty......theres always the beach as well though, with its lovely little beach bar. We used to have a walk on the beach before lunch, then stop at that beach bar for a cool beer before going in to lunch (Oh i wish I was doing that now :cry :cry LOL)

Dress wise it is fairly dressy in the evenings......men are turned away from the restaurant in smart shorts in the evening.....you might get away with smart 3/4 pants, but not track suit types as they are fairly strict in the restaurant (e.g at lunchtime I saw women being sent out to cover up a bit LOL) however their rules are clearly stated outside the restaurant, so as long as you have a read of it you will be prepared.

It is indeed one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in, and it is hard to find I know. Sometimes it does pop up on the Thomas Cook website, it depends how you search.....i think it came up for me by putting in 5 star hotels in Side, rather than searching by name. I dont think they have huge availability there, as the cleintele is largely german, russian etc.....

we had a suite, we hadnt booked it but they put us in it for the first few days with the intention of moving us after a day or two (this seems to be common practice there), however, we liked it so much we paid to upgrade (about £100 for the week I think....well worth it....ask when you arrive if you fancy a suite.....with a jacuzzi bath, huge terrace, 8 foot bed and separate lounge)

hope this helps

Liz x
A great help, thanks Liz. ooooh I'm all excited now!

I think we have booked a suite, we have a "room" with a double bedroom and separate lounge area for the girls to sleep in, so I assume that's a suite!!

Just one more thing (and I promise not to bother you again). Are the drinks available on AI quite comprehensive? Cocktails etc? OOOOh cocktails, sun loungers, beach bars....I can't wait!!!
Oh ask away.....I dont mind LOL :D :D

I don't personally drink cocktails, but I do seem to recall some of the younger ones in our group drinking cocktails. (we were there for our best friends daughter's wedding, she was married in the hotel!). My husband rated the beer, and he is quite fussy! but he was a bit miffed that it was only available in half pints though, no pint glasses anywhere in the hotel! You could have any drink you wanted I think, except not branded drinks like baileys etc, it was their own version of it....but seemed fine. My own tipple is brandy and coke, and the turkish brandy was lovely!

The only other thing we remembered was that although the breakfast menu is amazing, especially the omelettes made to order, you choose the filling.......dont expect full english breakfast! there is no bacon, and no sausages......but beautiful eggs and tomatoes etc.....

I am not even slightly jealous of you ( :cry :cry ) lol.....you will have a lovely time!
It's me again! I'm stalking you....honestly!

I have just read something on trip advisor, about the fact that the Germans appear to have something called "ultra" all inclusive. Did you notice any difference in the service the Germans got compared to the service you got?

I have asked Thomas Cook about this and they know nothing about it, they said it may be something the German travel agents offer, and may be we could pay a suppl. when we get to the hotel.

Many thanks for your help, you have been great!

Sharon x
Hi, I have just returned from the Perissia on Monday. What a super hotel, you will love it.

We drank in the baccus bar every night, great atmosphere and such friendly staff. I didn't notice any difference in the service the Germans got compared to ours, maybe it was just the mix of people at the time we were there. If you wanted a double you could get one and the cocktails were really nice. Unfortunately I don't drink too much but the non-alcoholic ones were super.

What I would say is, we have booked a larger room with sea view and balcony at a supplement. On arrival our room was on the 1st floor and in my opinion had a garden view rather than a sea view. We enquired about moving to a higher floor and we were allocated a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool which was perfect. The moral of the story was "if you don't ask", you won't get. We were clearly on a floor where all the rooms were occupied by the Dutch guests.

Any questions just ask.

Ann
Thanks very much for your reply, Counting down the days now!
Ultra All Inclusive????? HMMMMM, never heard of that BUT

the Perrissia is 24 hour All Inc.....you can drink in the Baccus bar and order food from service 24 hours per day! I personnaly couldnt do much more than that LOL :cheers :cheers
maybe the germans were given premium brands for their ULTRA A.I........?????
The room service is second to none.....except the staff dont speak very good English LOL....so when you order....just be prepared for a surprise midnight snack to be delivered to your room! All part of the fun LOL :rofl :rofl
I had it eyed up for a week late august early september but then it disappeared off thomas cook site. I am hoping it will come back on again or it will be a H/B 5* hotel I don't like any of the other A/I which are left.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.