Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Having booked to go here in November, I then see an article from the Lanzarote News that it's going to be demolished!

I'm sure it's not going to happen in the next 10 weeks so quite confident that my holiday will go ahead.

Has anybody any thoughts or news on the latest situation?
It's reckoned it could take up to 10 years to get it demolished, so reckon your holiday is safe, :lol: :lol: carol57!!!!!!
Is there a big screen at the Papagayo Arena so that hubby can watch the football if he wants or we will have to go into Playa Blanca?
hi
- i have been trying to discover ....
Does this hotel provide spirits during the day around the pool or is it only beer and wine ? - I can not drink either!

thanks
:wink:
annie
You can get whatever you want from the pool bar during the day. It's only in the restaurant that there are no spirits available.
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has stayed here in one of the junior suites and can tell us what they are like and whether it is worth paying the extra for one as far as i can see the main difference according to websites is that "most" junior suites have a hydro massage bath and separate shower.

Also apologies if this has been said before but which is the best block to ask for? best veiws and not too noisy??

thanks fatcodycat 8)
I didn't see any suites but the rooms are quite large and have a sofa/bed tabe etc ..bit of a balcony or patio. We stayed in C overlooked the sea which was quiet but it' s only the blocks around the pools which are noisy . You can e-mail the hotel and request a quiet room they are a walk away though .
Rgds
Helen
We stayed in Block E and our room was in the round bit at the end, fantastic views over the sea to Fuertaventura, we had a huge balcony, it was very quiet as we were right at the end.

Blocks G and H overlook the pool
Does anyone have the e-mail address of the hotel to request a certain block. Any further information on which blocks to request/avoid would be welcome (need quiet room). Also, any idea how much a taxi is from the airport to the hotel ?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

we stayed in this hotel two years ago. We had two small children with us. It is very large and quite new. The rooms are large, even the standard room is huge. We had a family room with a double bed and a sofa bed in a sort of extra part near the balcony. The room and and bathroom was of excellent quality. One thing, the hotel is huge, it took us a few days and the use of a hotel map to cover it all, and we kept getting lost in corridors. Some rooms overlook the pools and the open air theatre, these are the noisiest as you can imagine. There are plent of other rooms far away from this, overlooking the sea.
The beach nearby is dreadful, just rocks. There is another long beach (Papagayo Beach) about 10 minutes hike away over sand dunes, however you cannot access this beach by car.
A taxi drive of 4 mins (5 euros approx) takes you down to Playa Blanca where there is a small man-made white sand beach and bars, restaurants etc, on a quiet scale. (the hotel also runs a courtesy bus to Playa Blanca).
The hotel is all inclusive. As well as all meals you can avail of alcoholic drinks and an afternoon snack of crepes, ice cream etc. We were surprised at the good quality of the food, given the reasonable price for the holiday. There are several pools to lounge around.
Guest nationalities there when we were there were mostly British, German and Dutch.
There was a kids club durinb the day (was alright, nothing special) and a kids disco every night at 8 pm. Our kids absolutely loved it, as did all the other kids, even though the same songs were performed every single night. After the kids disco there is evening enterttainment for the adults - This was pretty awful and not worth seeing.
The hotel is approx 30-40 minutes drive from the airport if I recall and cost us 50 Euro for the trip.
We stayed here in November and had a fantastic time,the food was lovely, our room was great the only let down really was the entertainment, but some of it was so bad that it became funny if you know what I mean. the Abba night was good.

This is the email address info@sandos.org

Blocks G and H overlook the pool and you can probably hear the entertainment but it finishes at 11.00pm. We were in E which is at the end and was quiet. Blocks A to D overlook the beach and sea.
Thanks for responses.

Carol57 - unfortunately that e-mail address is not recognised ? Is it correct ?
This e-mail address works - reservas@sandoshotels.com
Sorry for giving you an incorrect address, it's the one I used last year but I don't think I ever got a reply from them, probably explains it!
I am going here on Thurday, the link for which rooms to request doesnt work :( any chance of another pretty please.
I have just gone on to their website http://www.sandos.org and they are still giving out the email address of info@sandos.org as the contact.

You could try going to the website and just clicking on contact us.

I am so envious of you going on Thursday we had agreat time when we were there in November
Hi

would like to book the papagoya arena hotel in lanzarote. They seem to have a website, but it doesn't open. Does anyone know their website?

From Playa Blanca is there anyway to get to Jandia on Fuerteventura? How long would it take?

Thanks again :o
Hi

really like the look of the papagayo arena hotel in playa blanca but everyone has said it is in the middle of nowhere, about 40 mins from playa blanca town. I heard that there is a courtesy bus, but about 4 times a day only. Does anyone know the timings of these buses? Is there a bus back to the hotel?

Also, I don't need to go clubbing but are there any pubs and restaurants within walking distance from the papagayo?

Is it easy to get a taxi at the papagayo?

Thanks 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.