Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
There is a new review in for the Rubicon Palace HERE

The Papagaya Arena is at one end of the resort and the Rubicon the very far end of the other. I have stayed at the Arena and found it good, but I looked round the Rubicon and that was lovely too.

I would stay at either.

Kath x
We're just home from the Rubicon. We liked the location of being out of town but close to beaches and rock pools and the taxi service was just fine for us. I've posted our review. I know quite a few people were moaning about the hotel in the check in queue yesterday but to be honest we're happy with everything and I'm fussy for my luxury.
I would echo what Grovee has said - I have also posted my review and would recommend the Rubicon - no idea about the Papagayo though I'm afraid!
I've been in both (but not as a sleeping guest) and they are both much of a muchness.

The Rubicon has my fave restaurant and a fab bar just a short zig-zag away... but don't let that sway you. Both hotels have a half hour walk into town... although the Papagay Arena has the Marina at it's side.

I think for families, I'd prefer the Papagayo Arena... for the rock pools and Papagayo beaches (as has been said) but also for the heated pool.

I find the Rubicon Palace more pleasing on the eye... but I didn't find a heated pool when I was there.

Decisions decisions... and now I've confused you even more. Sorry!

Elle xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.