Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
no safe cycle route but the buses are about e very 30/40 mins

yasus
wizard
Thanks Wizaed....and I bet they are chocca block and take an hour to go three miles :rofl
oh how i remember our first rip to Cyprus we go on this very old bus that had full airconditioning

they had taken out all the windows [escept the screen] :rofl
If you had seen the hills up to and around Coral Bay, you wouldn't ask about cycling. The one down to the Aquasol Village, for example is known as "heartattack hill" :yikes
And please, if you do hire bicycles, note that the road between Paphos and Coral Bay is *very* dangerous so please take care :tup
Thanks for that pubdog, it all looks so peaceful on google earth :)
Think we'll just stick to a car then.....
Is there a pavement on said road>?
There wasn't last time we went down there, but it was a couple of years ago.
footpath road :rofl :rofl last time i was there it was a dust track no pavements just a strip of uneven ground overgrown and strewn in litter
:rofl Wizard is so much more descriptive than I am :rofl
it is about 3ys since i was in Pafos it may have changed.. [but knowing the cypriots, I have my doubts] but its all part of the fun :tup
So is this road not a main road as such then?
well sort of till the new Pafos to Pollis highway is built... I dont know what part of the uk you are in so i could liken it to something [is i know somthing in your area as bad]
what about Kirkstone pass?????? in the lakes?
last time i was there it was about the width of the A592 the road was paved but very dusty [it runs a few hundred yards from the sea, between the two was just scrub-land [similar to the moors but not as green]

as i say it was 3 yrs ago and may have changed [but dont hold your breath].. and watch out for Cypriot drivers if the lights are red against them and they are turning right most will ignore the signals and just pull across in front of you..

if you have Google Earth put in coordinates 34deg 46 mins 52.36 sec north and 32 deg 24 mins 15.66 sec east and it will bring you to aprox half way between Pafos and Coral bay
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.