Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Paphos is it
309 Posts
You will need Cypriot £ when you visit Cyprus, until it changes in 2007 :D
yep good old cypriot pound.
Well maybe 2007 only if the Cypriots can sort out there interest rates and there economy..
fair enough point, they would have to settle for a certain rate.
And sort out the truck drivers too, I suspect, Jim.

Are they still on strike?
Truckers are back on the roads...cement trucks all over the place today...
The joys of being in the EC, eh?

I imagine that with the way villas are being put up, a shortage of cement for a few days would be devastating!
Well EU membership has not got much to do with the building work, it has been going of for years, but it is slowing down, the housing market is quiet at the moment as the UK..

Jim
Booked Paphos in first week of September, problem is only got 1 week :(

I always find that you find the decent bars, restaurants, beaches etc in your 2nd week so I am looking for help to get the best from my holiday 8)
Hi , let us know wot hotel, apt your stopping at , and wot nightlife your after . this will help us tell u the best places. martin. :roll:
Read the thread above :roll: :wink:

Any help appreciated. Thanks
HI, Right , beaches , paphos itself there is a nice small beach not far from alexander the great hotel and a fun sandy,but rocks in the water off tomb of the kings road near the light house. eating out ,chinese food try phucket on the tomb of the kings road and also raffles both near each other , and try san marinos just up the road from raffles and and you can meet mad tony . also try the seagulls restaurant down near the harbour .there is also phivot's near alexander the great , a nice small place but lovely food . And there is bar street for a good night out plenty of bars :D to have a good drink. But where ever you go you will not go far wrong , hope u enjoy your hols :P
If you get chance, try Splash Karaoke Bar just off Bar Street (opposite Hollywoods) Great entertainment Tues & Thursdays - Robbie Williams tribute, UK hypnotist and some mad bloke called Tom doing the karaoke.
just got back from paphos, it was wicked.

The beaches at paphos arent really big, your prob need to go to coral bay which is lovely.

But as far as nightlife is concernedi went to bubbles everynight, got free drinks all night. But for a laugh go to a karaoke bar, i found wheatsheaf was good, and very cheap o/p bubbles.
Appreciated, can't wait. I can do with a nice break and some some sun 8)
just have a great time mate
I have done some recent research on a possible holiday to Cyprus as a new place to go. There have been a few mentions about cats around hotels and in particular about one or two hotels in Paphos where the cats may outnumber the guests.

As my wife is afraid of cats, and I consider them a health hazard, particularly abroad, I do not want to book a hotel or resort where the prescence of cats will spoil our holiday.

Can someone please give me honest unbiased advice?

Thanks in anticipation
well we went to paphos last year and yes there were lots of cats, but they didnt bother you and they werent in the hotels, we did have quite a few in the grounds of our hotel and as we were on the ground floor we did encourage them in our appartment and fed them, but im sure you will be fine, dont let the fact that there may be cats around stop you going to a beautiful place like cyprus, you and your wife would love it.

fizz xxxxx
The only place I really noticed any cats was at the restaurant at

Aphrodites Rock. Could be something to do with the fish :roll:

They didn't bother us though. Didn't see any more though and I'd have

noticed because I'm allergic to cats :(

Helenxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.