Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
PAPHOS
309 Posts
Hello there,
I am going to Paphos in just under 3 weeks, and was hoping the works were finished because just after I booked my holiday, (at the end of January) I found out that the footpaths were up, especially around my hotel. I found out about it on this site, and went into the travel agent to enquire about it, they told me the paths should have been sorted by the end of February, but I don't know if anyone out there has just come back and can tell us the situation.

Regards Dawn
Hi both...guess what I come from Fillongley!!! I now live in Trimithousa village... Pafos area..

Ok the road works are far from finished and to be honest it is a real mess down there, with one way traffic and dead ends, it will be many more months of this well into late December they tell us, and then knowing the Cypriots the way I do it may be the next December, I cant really give you any advice on how to miss the road works because we cant either, but my advice is go in the day time try to avoid darkness in your car, or like me last week looking just to find my way out Kato Pafos, sorry I cant be more positive for you...but these are the facts..

regards Jim

http://groups.msn.com/CYPRUSLIVING/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=38583&LastModified=4675515456623217947

check out this thread from my web site...click on the above link..
can anybody tell me what its like generally
  • Edited by trueblue 2005-04-06 15:41:21
That's bad news for you blue...Cyprus has a sub tropical climate, and yes like all resorts in the Med it has it's fair share of bugs, but no worse than any other hot spot, if you don't like the bugs best to avoid sun drenches areas of the world, stay in the north...mind you could end up with frost bite :D

The Roaches are not the problem here nor mossies, but do look out for the snakes our cat brought a lovely green one in this morning, I am still trying to identify what species it was, the cat had killed this one so good chance it was not a poisonous variety otherwise the cat would not have returned, avoid walking over green areas, stick to the tourist places where snakes have long been chased away...now what were you saying about cockroaches!!

Don't worry and have a nice time..
i went to Cyprus a few years back and whilst there were bugs around there werent an excessive number.

But even so i reccomend that you give cyprus a go, it has fantastic weather with plently of things to see and do. I went to Paphos and i think it has something for everyone :D
Paphos would be a great resort to visit with your family. Kato Paphos has restaurants and bars catering to all tastes and though it's a purpose built resort it's much more attractive than the larger resort of Limassol. Old Paphos Town is worth a visit too if you want to see somewhere a little more traditional.
There's some great family complexes around Paphos such as Aliathon Village and Damon Apartments where your children can meet and play with plenty of others.
Cockroaches and bugs - no more than anywhere else in the med.
ok for families or full of young people
perfect for familys, you will have a fab time.

fizz xx
agree with fizz paphos is perfect for families
sioux
Agree with previous posts though pick somewhere with a pool or check with your hotel about the nearest beach - some beaches in Paphos have a strong undercurrent and so you'll need to take care with children.
Very popular resort with families - i'm sure you'll love it :D !
If you venture down bar street, most of the bars also cater for kids. Best bars are Woody's, Felix (has connect 4, kerplunk etc on tables) and my favourite Cockatoos. It has the only snooker tables in paphos and upstairs is a 10-pin bowling alley with waitress service.
Caters for families 100%.

Back in July for the 5th time (Paphos), and 4th with kids. My kids love it.

Mike
Have been going to Paphos for years. Perfect for families, you will love the place. :)

Have been to most parts of southern Cyprus and in my opinion its the best. :)

Breezer
Hi All am new to these boards and am after some advice.
Am hoping to go to Paphos (Phaethon Beach Hotel) in early Oct for our Honeymoon. We will br travelling with a 22 Month old baby. Just wondering how suited Paphos and the Hotel is for a very young Child?
Any advice would be great as not being regular travellers abroad we are a little worried.
Hi Trooper and welcome to HT

click here

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/cyprus/paphos/louis-phaethon-beach-hotel/

Or you can look at the top of the page under hotel reviews or resort reports.
Well my grandkids just love living in Pafos...along with several other thousand Greek kids...so don't worry they will love it !!!

Jim
I first took my daughter at just under 1 year to Paphos and have never had a problem. She has been most years since and still loves it at 14
Hi, new to the forum so was wondering if people can help?

Off to Paphos 29/6 with my girlfriend, what can people tell me about it? we are stayin in the nerus/neurus is anyone knows about it.

were both students so can we eat cheapish and is the nightlife lively? i'm not talkin ibiza/ayia nappa

what are good day time activities?

thanks!! :lol:
Pathos is a quite little village with many different things to do like the beach waterpark shopping (at the old town) and going to the tomb of kings.
there are many restuarants and bars but all on one street.
its really clean and friendly but i would prefer to go to ayia napa.
its more or less a relaxing hol im sure you will love it!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.