Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Haven't been this year but I can answer your age query - yes he is old enough at 16. I used Sky Sports when I did it 3 years ago and they are recommended. Another name that frequently gets recommended is Easy Riders.

You will find varying prices because there is now some sort of tax for going from the highest jump place. Make sure you ask the question about how high he will be jumping from so that you know you are getting value for money.

Have a look in trip advisor forums in Olu Deniz section for more info on paragliding.
Can`t remember who we used, but it was great. Katie was only 7 when we did this, she loved it as much as us.
i used easy riders and it was £50. also used them for the boat trip from the beach and to the mud baths. would recommend them very highly.
My wife did it during our holiday in Olu Deniz last week.

She went with Sky Sports and paid £70. I'm sure she could have done it for less if she had shopped around or haggled but Sky Sports had been highly recommended by other HT members as well as one of her friends husbands who does paragliding in the UK.

Her feeling was that at the end of the day you are putting your life in a strangers hands and she felt very safe with them as they were very professional throughout and is it worth saving £10-£20 to go with the cheapest bidder?

A video and photo package was extra and cost 50 lira but was well worth it as the views were fantastic.
We also used sky sports last year for a 16 yr old and a 14 year old . They do have the best reputation and that it what you are paying for . They wont budge on the £70 unless there are a few of you doing it . we tried every evening for a few days to get them down in price.

Easyriders also get a lot of business as does the company outside the beach entrance for the Belcekiz beach hotel. you could possibly get it for £55/60 with these with a bit of haggling

lyn
Oludeniz is one of the best places in Europe for paragliding hence in the last ten years the area became mecca for paragliders from all over the world.

I didn't it .But I want do that this august.

Who did it ?

http://www.flyingdutchman.com.tr/photo/large/oludeniz-001.jpg
http://www.fethiyeyachting.com/jpg_files/paragliding.JPG
I did it! It was a wonderful experience, but must say the ride up to the top of the mountain in the jeep was just as thrilling !!! :yikes
my husband and some friends did it the day before our wedding, do you think he was trying to tell me something :rofl
what i would say is be very careful with the microlights if your of a shall we say larger size. just back today from hisaronu and 4 blokes from the hotel we stayed at had had there trip and were waiting for for the nxt lot to take off one of which was a quite large lady.sad to say the microlight couldnt get off the ground and crashed sadly resulting in the pilot with a badly smashed up face and the woman with a broken leg with the four guys having to carry her across fields and ditches to the waiting ambulance so beware.
Good evening all
Can anybody who has been paragliding in olu tell me wether they carry insurance as our holiday insurance do not cover this kind of activity. Andy it`s something my other half would love to do (i havent a clue why) :que
Any help would be great.

Mel
Hi Mel,

Dont know about seperate insurance, but some folks we met last week in Olu have been paragliding several times. They used Sky Sports & Focus and said insurance was included from the minute to board truck until you land after paragliding on the beach. Didn't mention cost though, sorry. (We didn's bother asking cos we're too chicken to try)!

julesx
Hi Jules
Thanks for the prompt reply my hubby will be pleased this is something he has wanted to do for several years now. If the truth be told i think this is the reason he wanted to come to olu ;) .
10 days to go just show me the beach and i`m happy

Mel
have a look at skysports web site

How much does a tandem paragliding flight cost?

A tandemflight costs GBP 70.

Am I insured to fly through Skysports?

Yes, our fully comprehensive insurance policy covers you for up to GBP 1 million.

http://www.skysports-turkey.com/
Mel,

Have a great time! Let us know if you end up paragliding. Think my hubby's wavering slightly for next year cos we're going with friends and he wants to show off. A definite no-no for me though, will stick to cocktails on the bean bags & watching the gliders overhead.

Julesx
thats a must ju-ann with the water pipe as well what a way to live :sun2 :cheers
I expect it is Ok, but I think you should ask before going exactly what you are insured against. For example it could be for damage you cause by landing on something or someone. It could be a lump sum pay out in the event of death. Does it actually cover medical expenses if you are injured?

I just mean you should look into it and not just take a blanket statement of 'fully comprehensive insurance' as this really means nothing.
My 2 girls aged 9 & 7 went paragliding with Escape which are based in Lykia world..during our 2 week stay they watched dvds of other kids flying so by the end of our holiday they were very keen to do this. It cost 80euros each & 40 euros each for a dvd . this was pretty expensive i thought we did try to beat them down in price but wouldnt budge. They had a brilliant experience not one bit scared it was great to watch them on the dvd after ..i would never have had the courage to do it but it looked amazing 2000mtrs high over the blue laggoon & lykia world.
I am a solo paraglider pilot and been to Oludeniz to fly twice before. I'm going back out there in 4 days time. My mate who is also a pilot, lives there too. We both recommend Skysports for tandem flights. They have been established the longest and have the best insurance. Some (not all) of the other companies are bit dodgy.

skysports-turkey.com

Skysports regularly update their gear and their tandem pilots are all highly experienced. They may not be the cheapest, but its definitely worth it when your life is in their hands! They also do photos and videos for an extra cost.

You should also definitely get travel insurance that specifically includes paragliding for your holiday. It doesn't cost much extra. I paid £15 for 7 days cover with Etravelinsure. Thats normal travel insurance, with paragliding on top.

The best companies to go for are:

bupatravel.co.uk

and

etravelinsure.com/adventuresports/paragliding_holiday_insurance.htm

Make sure you select the appropriate options to include paragliding when booking online. Or if you do it by phone, make sure the operator knows you mean paraGLIDING, not paracending, parachuting, hang-gliding etc.

It is an extreme sport that does carry a risk, but it is safer than most people realise and I can't recommend having a go enough!

See my video: vimeo.com/1444372
I have just received my Holiday Insurance documents and although I didnt add Paragliding to it, my son has decided that he wants to do it now so I will have to call and add it as it does specifically say that paragliding and such sports have to be added extra. As far as i'm concerned, its somethihng that I wouldnt go without, it may add a little to your initial price but this pales in comparison if (God forbid) anything should happen. Best to be on the safe side.
Cally. ~x~
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.