Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I have never stayed at this hotel but I used to live in Gumbet and I know it is a very nice hotel right by the beach and close to the centre of town. There is plenty to do in and around Gumbet so your son wont get bored, there are watersports on the beach and a waterpark nearby plus a boat trip is always a good day out.

Are you staying B&B, HB or FB? Have you been to Turkey before?

Kedi
We're in Gumbet the two weeks before you (after going over in April as well as we have a house there). The Parkim Ayaz is a lovely hotel, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Another good trip to avoid your son getting bored is a jeep safari - prepare to get wet and dusty but you and he will have a great time, it's really good fun and you get to see a different part of the area. It'll be pretty hot in June so drink plenty of water and use the sun cream!!

Watersports are plentiful and there's plenty to choose from. There's also a climbing wall and crazy golf on the beach front - if they're still there as there was some talk of them closing down but they were still there in December/January this year. If he does get bored, there are bars that have Playstations for him while you have a quiet drink in the evening and there's pool tables as well. There's also a go-kart place on the front (turn left at the beach side of your hotel and walk towards the end of the beach). As a last resort, there's tenpin bowling at the Oasis shopping centre.

I'm sure you'll have a great time - and so will your son. If you have any questions, just ask.
Hi thanks for the replies.We are going HB and yes this is our first time to Turkey.Been to Egypt the last couple of years so kinda know what the heat will be like. I like the sound of the jeep safari as my son loved the quads in Egypt. Any tips much appreciated.Lynn. :sun2
Well with HB you will be able to go out and try some of the lovely food in Gumbet, there are loads of nice restaurants serving all kinds fo food so you will be sure to find something you like.

If you have been to Egypt you will know how to haggle when you go shopping then! There are quite a lot of shops in Gumbet but thre is a much bigger selection in Bodrum, which is just 15 minutes away by dolmus (minibus) plus a tursday market by the bus station. You can even travel further afield around the Bodrum peninsualr if you fancy as there are buses from Bodrum to all the resorts around.

I'm sure you will have a great time and if there is anything you need to know just ask

Kedi x
Jaklyn,I am going in May so I will do a review when I come back. :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.