Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
sandra25,

You may find the following threads useful: Gumbet, Places demolished.

Darren
There have been no extra works on the beach in Gumbet, the building works are to the roads and the buildings along the roads. Any changes to the beach front are the responsibility of the hotel. I know what you mean about those sunbeds though they really are gettting rather old and it would be nice if they had some new ones. Jay Trip is out there at the moment at the Parkim Ayaz so I'm sure she will let us know when she gets back.

Kedi
Hi kedi
thanks for the reply , glad you know what i meant about the sun longers. am not complaining though id sit on an orange box if it was on beach, as long as i was in turkey with the lovely weather and people !!
sandra
Some of the wooden sunbeds have been replaced by white plastic ones.
These are situated on the beach in front of Dennys restaurant.
The only works along the beach front are the installation of new lamp posts.
Hi jay
Thanks, i presume you have just recently returned from there ?
Have the prices gone up as much as everyone is saying, i hope not as im in southeren ireland and euro is bad enough at moment without having to pay out loads more too
Hope you had good holiday, im off in just over 8 weeks, cant wait, love the parkim ayaz
Sandra
Just got back yesterday morning and hotel is just as good.They now have a live band in Ladybird and a great singer/guitarist in Carpediem,along with the entertainment in the Cossybar.
The Efes is 6TL in hotel whereas last year it was 4TL
My husband who is a cheapskate bartered and got it for 4 from the Cossy bar, :rofl
Ladybird were charging 6TL and when my husband said it was only 4 TL in Cossy bar they said he could have it for 5tL :que
We only went to Millenium one evening and they were charging 5TL for bottles and 4 for draught Efes.
Sami beach next door had a happy hour at 10pm each night with 20% discount on drinks.The draught was awful so my OH just drank the bottled Efes which was 5TL minus 20%.It was packed every Saturday evening when Britains got talent was on. :rofl
We had a meal in the Columbia and it was 42TL for a T bone steak and a chicken sizzle dish along with garlic bread and a large glass of wine each.The steak was huge and the 2 meals were worth the £19.00.
The food is still excellent in hotel and only ate out the once.
There is a fast food Turkish place opened over the road where the cake shop used to be and the prices there are very cheap.
Saray Zetas our favourite is still good value and the Lahmachuns have gone up 50cents to 3TL,and they were charging us 3.5TL for a bottle of Efes.Only 2TL for Ayran.
Building work was still on going and dreadful up bar street and the surrounding streets but the road outside hotel is finished despite being dug up again last week.
I would post the photos if I knew how but if you want to see them send me a pm and I will email to you.
If there is anything else you want to know just ask,Jay
Hi jay
Thanks for all that info, glad you had a good time at parkim ayaz. even though prices have gone up im sure it will still be much cheaper than what we would pay here in eire, its so expensive here, this is going to be our only holiday this year so am going to make the most of it whether we have to spend bit more than usual or not, turkeys such a lovely place and well worth every penny, jay if you could send me some piccies by pm that would be great
As i said we are not going for another 8 weeks yet so im sure all works will be more or less completed by then
Thanks again for another post jay
Sandra x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.