Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Passport Advice
13 Posts
im almost 100% sure that Greece is fine as long as your passport id valid for the length of your stay but check first, the UK passport website has an advice line, and you get through to a real person, have you tried thme or just their web site?
change it asap many airlines will not accept it if less than 6mths to run

wizard
Will do. Thanks big time!

Cheers,
Janet
My passport runs out in October and I am going to Greece in June so rang the greek embassy last week and they said it was no problem and I didnt need 6 months left on, but saying that only having 1 month may be diffrent. Sorry just searched for the phone number but can't find it but the passport office gave it to me.
Sam xx
sam its the airlines that often want 6 months on a passport

wizard
Jinty, we flew out to Rhodes last year and of the four of us, three had less than two months to run on the passport and one, only four weeks. About three weeks before departure I flew into a blind panic about all of this and so emailed the Greek Embassy in London. They confirmed that as long as the passports were valid for the duration of our stay, there was no problem. I printed the mail and took it with us but never needed it as nobody questioned the passport dates at all.
:? i just cannot see the problem with this. Renew your passport and the extra 6 months gets added on. It really is better to be safe than sorry. We have all read the stories on this site and seen the TV programs with air travel any thing can happen. Its not much help when your at the airport with family and cases saying well someone on the other end of the phone told me.... At the very least always take a name.
Yes,

Definately going to do it early, everything is too strict now to take chances.

Great site! My second question was answered before I asked it! The 6 months is added on, thanks everyone.

:thanks

Janet
I just rang first choice and they said I needed 6 months left on mine to travel to Greece so just processed my application through the passport office website.
sam
Wish mine could be done as easy Sam.

After all this time I have just noticed that on both our Passports our name has been spelled Spiers, it is in fact Speirs. So, coming back to the checks they do I can't afford to present my ticket with Speirs and have some ealge eye tell me it says Spiers and refuse to let us travel!

Gonna have to check whether it is an amendment or can I change the name on a renewal form.

Ah well!, it will all be worth it in the end!

Cheers,
Janet
Janet, I couldn't help but notice on your last post about your surname spelt wrong, and then you type ealge. Shows how easy it is done or was it a freudian slip! :lol:
Nup, but then again, I'm among friends and not being paid to work in the passport office where they really should check passports before sending them out. Mind you, it was 10 years ago!

Cheers,
Janet
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.