Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Pattaya
14 Posts
Quality, i've heard a bit like that about pattaya

So try and get hotels in the vacinity of walking street?

Is this near the beach?

Cheers Jon
if you have a good look around the website and some of the links im sure there are some maps on it. we are going in sept when are you going .. ;)
http://www.pattayai.com/map-pattaya-jomtien.php
Were going end of july, doing a week after the full moon party I think

I know it's apparently pissing down but i'm sure we'll survive with all the extra curricular activities
Hi,

Pattaya is definitely heaven if you are a single bloke or going with a group of mates.I am not going to get all moral about the issues surrounding Pattayas sex industry but I can tell you my wife and I have been several times and really like it.

Pattaya can be anything you want.It is certainly noisy polluted brash and in your face but it also has some excellent hotels superb restaurants fantastic nightlife and lots of shopping if thats what you want.

Some good daytrips can be had from pattaya and a few nights out on walking street will certainly leave you with some memories.

As for somewhere to stay we always stay at the Dusit Resort in North Pattaya.It is nice and quiet,an excellent hotel and one of the best things about Pattaya is the ease of getting around.

The famous baht buses are everywhere and a one way journey in any straight line is only 10bht.So theoretically you could get a baht bus at the beach road entrance of the Dusit and pay 10bht to get to walking st.

We have been to lots of places in Thailand but whenever we return we aways make a stay in Pattaya part of our plans.

Regards

Papa
Pattaya makes Blackpool look like Frinton on Sea.The main nightlife is on Walking Street,but don't miss Sois 2,6,7,8,Pattayaland -Sois 13/1 ,13/2,13/3,and Boys Town if your Gay. :really .We normaly stay at the "Rescidence Garden" in South Pattaya (not to far from Walking Street).Better and Cheaper than Bangkok.If you need any info PM me :D .
Thanks for all the replies guys and girls

Less than 2 weeks to go now, can't wait :cheers
I have just returned to Pattaya, its quiet concidering its high season, I did a lot of homework on Thailand before arriving and have a good idea of what to expect, its my first time here and will drop a few lines in the next few days about it, I am staying in a Guesthouse with Free wifi which is a fast connection as I need to be online often so thats a plus.

The guesthouse is a family run place and so far so good, the owner is English and his Thai wife so far have been very helpful.

Off out shortly now at 8.40 pm, probably home early hours of tomorrow, ha ha.

Bye for now.
We're going back to the Dusit Resort again and have got a good deal flying with Emirates in May. It does'nt include transfers however, any advice re this? There's plenty of places in Google, or can you just get a taxi off the rank ,all advice would be appreciated Alan
I cant say through experience Alan but when we were looking to return to Hua Hin we were going to prebook as there seemed a vast difference in costs and types of transport.
Thanks Fiona, Managed to get a very good deal for the Dusit, Emirates flights, and private car transfers from Netflights, which came in about £100 cheaper than the next best, and £500 cheaper than the dearest, so it pays to really shop around. Alan
Tell me about it :D I hate to think how many hours I spend researching all options- but its worth it.
The main nightlife area is Walking street, its an amazing place to sit and watch, many middle aged to old men with little more than teenage girls, (cant blame them I suppose) many men with young (early twenties) Thai boys, the gay man has no stigma here.
Lots of 6 foot tall Lady boys and some are very hard to believe they are boys.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.