Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
peace and quiet
25 Posts
I go to Palolim when I need a break, although when I get there I go a bit mad as I like keeping busy and there's just nothing to do but relax down there... :D - I was planning to go to Morjim today to fly my kites but ended up having a full day with the charity.. :? - Good job I enjoy it!
where do you go when you want to escape the crowds for the day? Beaches or elsewhere- where is your favourite place?

1. Ashvem beach,
2. Mandrem beach,
Without a doubt the most georgeous beach I have ever seen is Palolem, pure chill out scene , I love it !!!!!!!!!
Agonda for us and in 12 sleeps we will be there 8)
ADMIN!!! Delete this thread at once, I do not want the hoards from Baga, Candolim and Calangute going to the places I go to get away from them all! :shock: :shock:
Good point I go to Baga :wink:
Much as I love Margao, it is chaotic and noisey, to escape this , I just have to go into the garden at The Venice restaurant, and all is peace and tranquility.
The rest of the time I am always in quiet areas :wink:
The Venice restaurant is that on the same street as Banjara and Gaylin but nearer the square?
Was not impressed with Margao. I know Goa isnt immaculate but Margao looks dirty IMO. Can someone recommend a really nice beach in south goa to try. Been to Palolem, glad ive been and seen it, but wouldnt go back was not impressed with it at all, it was grubby and dirty and loads and loads and loads of beach sellers pestering you all the time.
Agonda is 10/15 minutes from Palolem but is more like Palolem from 15 years ago
Thank you Tightjock we will probably try Agonda next time, sounds nice. I was really looking forward to visiting Palolem beach, but I was disappointed :(
Venice is on V.V. road below the square, near the regular Taxi stand, the restaurant is set back from the road, and the entrance to the garden is signposted a few meters further down
Re Margao--- just because it isn't clean dosn't mean it's dirty! Ye Hai India !
Thanks I shall investigate in a couple of weeks I was in a restaurant with a garden but I can't remember the name of it but it was a few hundred yards before you reach Banjara.
If you read my post again Lassigirl I did say IMO and thats all it is, but as I also inferred, many places in Goa are similar. If we all thought the same thoughts and liked the exact same places/things then the world would be a very boring place.
You are quite right Gemma, no offence meant, it would be awful if we were all the same. :oops:
Jock -If the garden resembles a jungle and there is a sort of fountain thing with animals in it , it must be the same place. :!:
Sounds like I look forward to double checking though :wink:
in the day Mandrem beach walking across that rickety old bamboo bridge sets the pulses racing but then its a wonderful chill out time, no sellers but the boys from Dunes will bring you drinks and food whenever you want == bliss.
In the evening La Fenice and Italian restaurant(opposite the ice factory on the main Calungute/Candolim road) with a roof garden when you are nicely full of wonderful food and wine enjoy the best cup of coffee in Goa then you can sit back and be entertained by the fruit bats coming and going onto the nearby fruit trees and watch the stars as they go by ahhhhhhhh
cheers Lynx
When I get fed up of sitting on the beach, I head for Nerul, then turn left in the opposite direction to Coco Beach Road.
Along this road you'll find a track that heads down to the river past the salt pans. this is a great spot for bird watching - I've seen Ospreys, Wooly Neck Storks and Ibis along here.
This is the Goa that I love. :lol:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/Salt-Panscard.jpg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.