Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
The wife went to a place in Assagao near Mapusa to have a professional massage on her back and neck because she was in pain, it seemed to work for her, she was also offered steam treatment and hot oil.

I stayed at home and had a few large old monk and coke's and that certainly worked for me, I told her to go back and get boiled in oil but she declined, we are now talking again !
There is a very good lady physio in Mapusa. on the same road as hdfc and poshaks going away from mapusa. its the last house on the left. unable to find her card, but think her name is carvalho. my oh had treatment for a couple of months a few years ago, and other friends we sent were impressed. also its local prices.
Thank you both. Hapi, that must be Carvalho's Physiotherapy which came up when I did a Google search. But Hdfc? Poshaks? - probably places we've passed on our rented Honda Activa without noticing them. This is for my wife, by the way. I'll stick to the Old Monks too.
Take the road that runs along the side of the fish market, away from the main road. keeping entire market area on right. go past marmeledars office (government building on left). you will see the hdfc bank directly in front of you on the corner to the left. poshaks is the department store a couple of metres past bank. keep going for about 150m. it is on the left. opp. supermarket. hope she can help.
Excellent advice, Hapi. It's run by Bindiya Carvelho e Melo and she has two other young qualified physios, plus other staff to do massage, heat treatments etc. Very professional, buzzing place, nice helpful people, and a bargain at 200/- for 30 minutes physio and 100/- for heat treatment. In fact we decided my wife would go every day except Sundays, and it was well worth it. Bindiya is there in the mornings and we just dropped in for an appointment, or one could ring. Her mobile is 98 90 39 15 90.
Hi - my husband did, last year. He dislocated his shoulder the day before flying back, and an hour with a masseur got his shoulder back in and him free from pain.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.