Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Places to Eat
25 Posts
We always go to the Condor, Infinity and Djannys they are very good, the only thing about Djannys is that you need to get there early as sometimes we had to queue
The Condor on the main street north side, good prices, excellent food.
The locals eat there, must be good.
If you go 7km to Medovo village, you cant beat Crystals.

Dron
Djannys is my favourite in Sunny Beach.

Chuchura in Ravda is an excellent restaurant. Great food, great service, cheaper than restaurants in Sunny Beach (even Djannys) and always really busy.
Hi Dron,

The locals eat there, must be good

Famous last words.........I bet that lots of local people eat at rubbish places like McDonalds in your home town. :yikes :yikes ;)

Seriously, though, the Condor and Djanny's have both traditionally been very good and have offered excellent value for money - as usual my caveat regarding restaurant recommendations would be (as banks & other sellers of financial products say) "Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance". Restaurants can change ownership, etc., so what may have been good last year may not always be as good this year.

==================

Hi Suemackey,

the only thing about Djannys is that you need to get there early as sometimes we had to queue

I can only refer you to my method of beating the queues, posted last July. ;)
Baldur
Baldur, this means a "Djannis-All-Inclusive"! ;)

I often ate in Billy's Bistro in the opposite of the Alba-Hotel. The beer was cheap as well. One big beer = 1 lev.

Regards Manfred
Has anybody had a meal at Crystals in Medovo, the locals are also
from UK, but now stay localy. ;)
Hi Manfred,

...this means a "Djannis-All-Inclusive"!

More like 'Demi Pension' - I didn't drink enough to sleep there..... :cheers ;)

Pozdravi,

Baldur
Hi

If you are staying in the southern part of Sunny Beach, we use National. They have a tout outside who wears a different uniform every night. Sometimes he is dressed as a policeman. He always wears tight trousers and chats up the ladies without being too pushy. That isnot the reason we go there though food is consistent. Havannah nearby is also good with happy hours from 19.30. Choice of Mexican and traditional Bulgarian cuisine.

These restaurants not as cheap as Djanny's or Condor but we have an apartment near the two restaurants above and are child friendly.

Hope this helps.
The Auld Hoose, & Piccadillys, are both good value for money. across from the Kontinental 1 Hotel

also try Mamacita's Mexican Resturant in the main drag lovely food
fiona
I agree with Mamacitas for the best Mexican food

The food is lovely, great service with a nice atmosphere and decent music
Djanny's is excellent and open all year round, not just in the summer like most of the restaurants.
Djannys gets my vote too. Good choice of food & always a fab atmosphere.

If you do miss english food, there is a resteraunt opposite Korona Hotel. Up some steps. They do cottage pie, roast beef with roasters, mince &tatties. They even have HP sauce. lol. George is the owner & makes everyone feel welcome. Also if you have an old footie top, give it to him, he displays them on the walls. We have one up that we all signed.

Tepe
X
Are there any vegetarian restaurants in Sunny Beach?
All the restaurants offer a vegetarian section in thier menu. I would recomend Dyjanny's, Mamacita's, Cafe Del Mar and the Happy Duck. As a vegetarian myself, i have tried the food in a lot of the bulgarian retaurants and found these to be the best ! :wave:
Thanks lubo25, I'll certainly check them out!
i agree with djannys, condor is hit and miss. had some great food there, but also some not so good. if you have kids i recommend chilli peppers. food is excellent for adullts, but theres is a slightly better kids menu than most others, and the staff are good with the kids also. mamacitas is highly recommended and so is felice (next door).

along under the royal garden there is a restaruant called la porta or something, although expensive the quality of service and food was exceptional. there is 2 good places in nessebar overlooking the sunny beach bay. i cant remember the names of them, but if you walk up the main street to the crystal shop, and there is a cartwheel outside the restaraunt door outside, next door to the crystal shop. they do nice maceral and also good steak there.

another good restaraunt in st vlas was miami, up the hill from the square. we went there on the last night after being advised by our chaufer (danny the taxi driver) that it was the best place in the area. it lived up to its review.
hi
what are the averige prices in these restaurants?
Bulgarienfan wrote:
Baldur, this means a "Djannis-All-Inclusive"! ;)

I often ate in Billy's Bistro in the opposite of the Alba-Hotel. The beer was cheap as well. One big beer = 1 lev.

Regards Manfred

are you kidding??! i heard that bulgaria isn't expencive but one lev for a big beer? that's like 0,5 euro, right? man, as i read more and more about bulgaria i can't wait for this summer...

anyways, what are the prices of alcoholic drinks in clubs and stores?
Gordon, Last year we found numerous places where you could still buy a pint of lager for 1 lev. Never paid more than 3 lev. :cheers
Supermarkets are cheaper still. :cheers :cheers Baldur will tell you that where his village is it is cheaper again. Locals wouldn't dream of paying what tourists pay in the resorts.

:sun2 Toonman
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.