Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Places to eat?
11 Posts
Most of the restaurants are at the marina.The following are some that I like.
Bahia,Piccolo,Torro Negro,but you will find that most are excellent.There are a couple of Chinese
but Ihave never tried them.There are also a couple of tapas reastaurants,and the reports on them are
very good.There is also an Indian takeaway,but it is very expensive.
Any other questions re Cala n Bosc just fire away.
Torre Negro steakhouse - always busy but the steaks are lovely.
The Fiesta Tex Mex place does freat fajittas and there combo starter is a meal in its self.

TonyR - we've just come back from Roc Lago Park and they are terribly overbooked. We (along with several others had to stay elsewhere for part of our holiday or make do with one bed apt instead of two etc. etc.
It might be a good idea to email them to make sure they have your booking and a room ready for you! Their website is
http://www.roc-hotels.com I think you'll find contact details there.

Hope you have a great holiday, we did (despite the over booking!)
Thanks santeg

I did this earlier this week without reply as yet

I will now contact alpharooms and get some answers from them
Burger King :think not in Calan Bosch! (there is one in Calan Blanes) though there is a very good burger and kebab take-away right next door to Lago Park :)
Burger King in Ciutadella, just get off the bus at Pine Square (terminus) and turn left, and there is is.
Linsi
Just returned from Cala N'Bosch on Friday after 2 weeks. There are a few good restaurants in the area but I found them really expensive, maybe they were milking the last few euros out of late season travellers. The one I found most impressive was La Marina who offer a normal al a carte menu but also do a fixed price menu at 12.95 or 18.95 euro for 3 courses. there are a couple of really nice looking restaurants with really amazing menus (Aquarium-La Venezia-Sylvie) but onl looking at the menus on the street you could understand why they were empty.....extortionate!!
After spending a huge whack of cash in the first few days we plumped to go with a half board deal in the Paradise club hotel restaurant at 144 euro for 4 days d.b.b., thuis was excelklent and much better selection and standard than some restaurants that charged 80-90 euro for dinner plus wine.
Avoid Cafe Neu Port, rip off steaks!!!
Don't be afraid to ask restaurants if they do food to take away as we got fresh Pizza, chicken, veg etc from a few and took back to apartment to eat there on lazier nights.

good luck
I must say I found the following very nice (in order of preferance)

La Fontana everything was just fantastic (3 of us ate with some drinks around 60 euro's)

El Pato

Mr Jaume

Legends - great sunday lunch
Agree about La Fontana, good, reasonably priced food and well located by the bandstand. Staff were really friendly too, especially the dark haired waitress (sorry don't know her name) but she was lovely with the children. OH commented on how nice she was too but for different reasons :think We've already said we'll have a drive there from Cala Galdana one night when we go next year.
Pierro on Mahon harbour is IMHO the best place to eat on the island. Cap Roig in Sa Mesquida is quite nice after the initial shock on approaching....you'll see :really also the eatery in Cala n bosch called Torre Negro is worth a mention.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.