Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
im sorry we only have some old hotel reviews of this one, and the crete resoet reports can be found Here

wizard
i dont know if i got it wrong(dont think i have tho) but cant find much about the platanes area but muuch more about platinas !!!!
really struggling on this 1!!!
its just the diffrent way it can be spelt...
Hi - I added this to an earlier report as Platanes and Platanias are 2 completely different resorts on different islands but not sure it anyone can do anything about it. I added a link to your earlier post for holidays uncovered which has a few reviews and I gave you some info on the resort as I used to work there 20 years ago.

I was replying to someone's message about Platanes in Crete and I was reading the resort reports to jog my memory when I realised everyone was talking about Platanias in Skiathos and not Platanes in Crete. So the resort reports for Skiathos are under the Crete section which is incorrect.

Not sure how you can seperate out the 2 resorts into the correct sections but thought I'd point this out as it could mislead people.
after doing some further research i have found info on the village of Platanis on eatern crete and the hotel web site for the bueno hotel in platanes wetern crete

my appolgies i too was under the impression it was the same place

wizard
thanks for your help
its all a bit confusing
it sems that the platanes area might be a bit quite for our family but hey you live and learn
any1 who knows diff please post
again many thanks to peeps who have helped
We went to platanes in Oct 2004, it can be a little quite depending on what you are looking for, no nightclubs etc - you have to go to Rethymnon for this kind of thing

We are in our 40's and had a great time, lovely beaches and not too crowded. Loads of restaurants to choose from, our favourite was just across the road from where the train rides leave from, I cannot remember the name but Gina and Manos owned it, the food was first class and they were great company. We found a distressed little puppy one evening just wandering up the street and they kept him in calling him Lucky!

If you like trips go on the train, we went up into the mountains and visited the monastery, really reasonable prices and a full day out. Have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.