Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Re: Playa Blanca
38 Posts
poor you that sounds terrible, I think you would have a great time in Puerto Del Carmen

How much deposit have you paid?

Id suggest you have a look at the http://www.jet2.com website and see how much their flights are coming out at and then look on http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk or http://www.lowcostbeds.com. and look for accomodation.

it might be worth your while to swap.
As nikki suggests would do no harm to have a look at alternatives just be aware that a lot of low cost and scheduled flights are not ATOL protected so you might want to make sure your insurance covers for rscheduled airline failure.
thanks to all have helped,

just signed up for that forum sunaddict sent and some of the places look good so might be an alright holiday after all , theres some pubs open late which will suit us , although i feel we have been mis - sold the others dont want to go through everything of re-booking as most only have £100 or so left to pay of there full price.

as i said previously thanks for everyones help.
Hi Alan
Glad to have been of help. :tup When you get back let us know how the holiday went (if you can remember after the obligatory alcohol) :hols
Have a good holiday Alan and remember to come on HT before you book a holiday next time. :rofl
We all know better than the agents!
cheers guys and i will deffo come back on after the holiday to tell you all how it went , hopefully il be on before we go and can help in other areas of the forum like you have all helped me ,

absoultely super guys ,
thanks very much :tup
Hi Alan,

This may or may not be of interest to you but in PB there is a small volcano (Monta Rosa) that you can climb - very popular with the young and fit!! also you can walk the other way to Papagayo beach - also very popular - take water with you if you go. HTH Gretchen
playa blanca is lovely, i go there several times a year, but, with a baby son and my elderly in laws, it suits us fine, however, do what you can to get it changed, tegiuse i would go for.
HI Alan - someone has just sent me a link to this thread... because I've been very lax and not had time to get in and post for ages. I live in Playa Blanca - and there is always soemthing going on if you want it - just as you can also avoid it if you want to.

I definitely understand your concerns - after all... Playa Blanca isn't quite as lively as Puerto del Carmen fro example.

However - if you really can't get your holiday changed to that resort - then really don't worry too much.

there's plenty going on in the way of entertainment and liveliness... you just need to know where to go.

for example: The CC Papagayo centre has bars like Atlantico which kicks off around midnight, and the very bouncing Junlge Bar which will keep you dancing and drinking until the wee hours. To woarm yourself up for that, then go to Wax Bar in that centre... which has regular party nights, and is a bundle of fun. It starts to get busy in there around 9pm... and has been responsible for many a messy evening for people (yes, myself included).

In the town you have more to do with a number of cracking Irish bars. Then there's the commercial centre by the port. Of note there is the Irish Anvil with live entertainment every night - and Legends... which has karaojke and party nights all the time. Then upstairs from there is Rooftops, which is open until 4am for disocs, partys, karaoke, and it's a fair old size.

No - as has already been said... Playa Blanca is not as busy as Puerto del Carmen - and you should definitely take a jaunt up there for a night. It is the number SIX bus, and the bus stop has moved to opposite the new bus station in the town. It takes about 30 minutes on the bus. Because of the recent roadworks, it will drop you at "Balcon del Mar". From there it is a 15 minute walk to "The Strip", and then there's bars all the way along - pointing you towards Centro Atlantico where the fun is at.

Sumary? If you want girls dancing in bras and hotpants on poles, rave until the early hours in a different club each night and to have a wider selection of bars... then get to Carmen. But if you want to party hard, drinks plenty of cocktails, and have a major laugh with your friends without travelling too far - then don't worry... Playa Blanca is fine.

Elle xx

PS: Whoever that was that posted my link up there^^^^ thanks! :cheers
Sorry - just spotted my appalling typos! Sorry! :whoops
thanks for the info elle sounds like we will be alright then , cant wait for it now just want to leave , not to warm in scotland the now :( .
No problem hon. I was in Carmen today... and it was fabulous weather! A bit breezy as the day wore on - but still crackingly warm!

Back in Playa Blanca now... abaout to crack open the vino and get sloshed! Loverlee! :cheers

Have a great time hon.

Elle xx
You'll be fine Alan. There's no raves going on in PB but loads of bars that stay open late, nice beaches and lots of gorgeous girls to look at ;)

It's a lovely place.

If you want a couple of wild nights out then take a ride to PDC.
quick update for use never got anything changed or that still heading to pueblo marineros apartments heard mixed reviews about the place so dont know what to expect , but seems there is a bit of nightlife anyway so thats fine , think were planning on heading into PDC for a night or two aswell
pueblo marineros - if they're the ones I think they are - nice location near the marina and not far from the dorada beach. Some late bars at the back of Dorada beach .... Wax, Jungle tec.
hi again guys/ gals

thats us been back a couple of weeks now so thought id give you a little summery of how the holiday was etc etc.

Apartment:

The Pueblo Marineros Apartments are very spacious and look good from the outside , however when you get inside its a totally different story. first night opened the door to be met with a massive cock roach which led me to the bathroom where it was just completely infested with beasted up the mirrors , all over the floor and in both our beds it was completely disgusting sleeping with beasties everynight. The miad service was nothing short of horrendous had our bed sheets changed once on the second night but our clean ones were replaced with dirty ones as the sheet had a coffee stain on it and it was still soaking wet. Outside the apartments but still inside the grounds was ok , pool was a bit cold on the last couple of days and the pool bar sold nice food and refreshments so no complaints for that. Would definately not reccomend this apartment to anyone wanting to go to PB , very unhygenic had to leave our toothbrushes and some other things there as they were full of beasties. Disgusting would be the most appropriate word to decribe this hotel.

Weather

The first couple of days we got there the weather wasnt the greatest but still hot then after that during the day the weather was scorching but far too windy for our liking at night but not really complaining about that as it was nice to get a breeze at night.

Nightlife

The nightlife was actually good , and we were quite worried that it wouldnt be after reports we had heard. Our faverite place to go was jungle bar as it was lively everynight. Went to a place called rooftops one night but it was quiet quiet so never went back there as it was quite a walk from our apartment. Also tryed atlantis and mollys bar and enjoyed them however wasnt too impressed with Wax although cheap for drink there wasnt much happening and they were showing big brother.

Food and Restuarants

first place we tryed was the chinese at the back of burger king and have to say it was a very good meal the first time round and enjoyed it very much and would reccomend it to anyone wanting a chinese. However dont go too often as the second time we went a few of us had sickness and dihorrea afterwards. The next night we went to the tex-mex place next to the snack bar and the food in there was very good , would again reccomend it to anyone it was superb , but our faverite place has to be the afrodite little italy , went there twice and it was by far the two best meals ive had on any holiday , the food was delicious and the staff very friendly , would have went there every single night had We foundit on the first night.

Overall

PB is a very nice place and would come back but not in a group , i would say its more of a couples place but none the less still a very good holiday and thirilly enjoyed it.

any questions you would like to ask about anything else , I would happily answer
Alan19

It would be appreciated if you could copy and paste your review HERE There are two parts, one for the hotel and the other for the resort.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.