Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Playa Blanca
38 Posts
1 Define "lively", what age are you and what kind if entertainment are you looking for?

2 See above.

3 It's about 25 minutes in a car, a taxi will cost about 30 Euros, the bus is E2.40, linea 9

4 Never done it.

5 Never stayed there.
were ranging from 16-19 with us.

lively = somewhere with music i.e like a club or pub or such , open till early hours something like that ?

thanks for your help so far.
In that case the best advice I can give you is to cancel Playa Blanca and book somewhere in Puerto Del Carmen. Seriously, you will be bored out your minds in Playa Blanca.
we tryed to but it was costing £35 per head then another £100 for a hotel so really not worth it ,

is Puerto del carmen within walking distance ?

and when you said £30 euros for a taxi is that each or £30 between us ?

this is turning into a disaster.
Playa Blanca is not really what I would call lively.

We used to go July/August when our son was a teenager. He used to make friends there and always had a great holiday. If you want to go clubbing this is not the place for you. There are music bars and pubs and the odd nightclub but nothing like Puerto del Carmen. You could try Jungle in the Papagayo Centre (think that's what it's called) and there is a sports bar and another music bar in there. Also in the Limones centre there are Legends and Rooftops and a club (I think).

Pueblo Marinero Apts are in Marina Rubicon area which is a 10-15 min. walk into Playa Blanca.

Puerto del Carmen is about 25 mins in a car. Taxi fare you were told about earlier would be per car.

If you want seriously lively I would go back to your Travel Agent and tell them that they mis-sold you this holiday and that you want to change at no extra charge.
thanks for the help guys ,

we tried the mis selling card but they said as far as they knew playa blanca was good for us which i then said was rubbish and they says all they culd is let us pay the amendment fee of 35 pound per person and then the hotel we wanted to move too was 100 more each.

how long would it take to walk to del carmen ?

but if theres not much in playa blanca for us i fear we could be in for a rubbish holiday :(
Our relatives go twice a year to Playa Blanca because it is quiet!
They are aged 70 and 73. :que
Its about 15miles to Puerto del Carmen.
oohhh jeez this is going to be a disaster :( , it must have some nightlife surely ?
Yes there is nightlife in Playa Blanca, but I'm not sure it will be lively enough for a group of lads of your ages!! I really do think that you have been mis-sold this holiday, though I have no idea how you go about insisting that you get moved. Perhaps it would be worth you paying the extra, to make sure you are in the right place. There is no way you could walk to Puerto del Carmen from Playa Blanca, and the buses are not good. Even if you got changed to Costa Teguise you would have more choices, as the buses between there and PDC are frequent and late.
It may be cheaper losing your deposit and booking elsewhere. Where are you flying from? You could try booking flights and apartment separately, that may save you enough to recover some of your lost deposit. PDC is not far from the airport so taxi transfers are cheap, 12 - 15 Euros, no more.

TBH I'm surprised that a hotel in Playa Blanca is accepting a booking for 6 teenage lads, shows you how bad business must be.
I think I'd be going back into the agent's and really stressing my disatisfaction in a very strong way. Not aggresively or anything but politely pointing out that their obvious lack of product knowledge is what put you in this situation in the first place. Explain to them that because of this you want to change your holiday and would expect them to do this for you at no extra charge because of their agent's incompetence.

If they had any sense (which a lot don't) they would do this or at least offer to meet you half way in order to stave off a potential complaint when you get back. They should she the sense in being proactive about this but we are talking travel agents here so ...?

Please keep us upto date about how your going on.
thanks for the help and info guys ,

went into the travel agents today and basically said '' i feel we have been mis - sold our holiday and would lke to move to either del carmen or costa teguise'' , they said they hadnt mis sold the holiday as they are led to believe playa blanca is lively and we will enjoy it. I then said that i had asked several questions and got feed back from quite a few different people and they said PDC is much livelier and busier but they said the only thing they could do was charge £35 for the amendment fee then how ever much extra for the hotel but it was like £150 each extra for the hotel and we couldnt afford that much , but they re-assured us there is a nightclub of some variety in playa blanca but im not convinced.
It also sounds to me as if you have been mis-sold this holiday. Not only is it not suitable for 6 teenage lads, I'm sure you understand what I mean when I say that 6 teenage lads are not suitable for Playa Blanca!

I would suggest you have a look at the top of our Holiday Complaints forum and give Ros Fernihough a call. She will advise you on how to proceed.

At the very least you should put it in writing to the travel agent that you have been mis-sold this holiday, that you are accepting it under duress and should it become necessary you will take legal action on your return.

I really hope it doesn't come to that.

Remember to let us know how you get on.

luci :wave
thanks guys!

also just to note its 3 girls and 3 lads that are going , only reason we didnt go somewhere you would expect teenagers to go i.e magaluf , ibiza , malia etc etc is it was costing around £500-600 each for the time of year were going , which was just too epxpensive for us as we are only students , so we asked for somewhere which would be just as hot but nearly as good and thats what we got given.

if its only going to cost 30 euros for a taxi to PDC then might just have to do that a few nights but would we get 6 in a taxi or would it be two 3s ?
Don't think you would get 6 in a taxi but someone might know definately. There is nothing worse than a "travel agent" who is clueless. Unfortunately, in my experience, there are too many of these (I used to work in travel). Far too many are trained in sales but not in product knowledge. :banghead: They can't be expected to know everything but they should know where to look for the answers they don't know. That rant is not helping you. I would do as luci says. Make sure you give them something in writing and don't forget to keep a copy of it! And give Ros a ring. I'm sure she'll be able to give you some good advice.
Yes I strongly suggest you call Ros as you have nothing to lose and I would hate for you to have a miserable holiday.

luci :wave
i neve had a rant at the woman just asked in a polite manner , i will give Ros a call tomorrow see what she says but as other people say your holiday is as good as you make it , so will speak to the others and if they want me to fone ros i shal.

cheers for the info and help guys and girls.
The TO will just keep fobbing you off, hoping you give up trying. Hope you get some luck phoning Ros.
Alan,Playa Blanca is also a bit more expensive that Puerto Del Carmen.
The agent sending you here is like her sending a retired couple to Faliraki or Ayia Napa!
If you phone Ros you will get through to Pam her PA who will give you the best advice.Good Luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.