Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Playa Paraiso
22 Posts
There is still building work In Parisio. I pass on my way to work in Callio every weekday.
Thanks makum, looks like no sleep in the mornings again then :cry:

Dave
yes Im know all the building work is going on but when you get there it appears there is nothing happening......go for it
Hi Just got back from playa paraiso on tuesday, I stayed at the hotel fiesta oasis paraiso.
When you are on your way into the resort it looks like you are coming into a building site, but I can safely say that at no time did the noise bother us at all, I didn't hear any banging, although I could see people working in the distance. We were never woken with noise, and it never disturbed our sunbathing by the pool.
We didn't eat much from other places in the resort, but I have heard that the Talk of the Town is good, and the Slug and Lettuce, and the Brittannia pub for the football seems a firm favourite with everyone!
Hope you have a good holiday.
Which hotel are you staying in?
Debs :D
Hello Debs, well you will never believe it but its the Oasis Paraiso you are just the Debs I need to tell me all about it. Is the hotel up to a good standard, clean and have good food, are there many bars open at this time of year and is it much trouble to get to and from P D L A at night?

Dave
P:S Just got our tickets this Friday (2 12 2005) so nearly there.
Hello Dave
First of all very jealous that your holiday is so close and coming and ours is all over!! :?
The hotel is upto a very good standard as regards cleaning, we have never bettered it with other hotels visited. - You have maids in every day, they make your beds everyday, sweep the floor and clean the bathroom leaving you with fresh clean towels and the smell of cleanliness everyday.
The staff are very friendly, (of course there's always the odd one thats abit miserable but thats life!)
We have made many of the staff our friends.
The food is varied, from vegetarian to meat lovers like us, there is usually fish, different meats ie pork beef lamb rabbit and duck. They always have chips. The top tip is to get into tea early when it opens at 6, because we left it till after 7 and the chicken had all gone. The food is often on the cool side but they have microwaves to warm it up.
Brekfasts are good, with english sausage, bacon cold meats like ham, plenty of fruit juices, coffee, hot chocolate and even champagne to help yourself to if you can stomach it!!
We never went to P D L A at night, but there is a free bus that takes you there in the daytime, there will be taxi's for you of course but not sure how much that will cost.
The hotel has a few little gift shops in which is nice and a handy supermarket over the road called Felippe.
We have been 3 years in a row and have always enjoyed it although we are going to try somewhere different next year as now the kids are able to swim we want a pool that is a little shallower, - the swimming pool is very cold by the way so jump in quick to get used to it!
Different show most nights, the entertainment team are very good and dedicated they do daytime activities such as rifle shooting and archery and other fun games.
If you remember say hello To Danny on the entertainment team for me, from Debbie he'll remember me as the one who he carried me off over his shoulder and nicely jumped into the pool with me! Lovely bloke honest!! Haha
As I said earlier we have been 3 years in a row and each time there has been familiar faces who has also returned at the same time as us in November, so that says alot for the hotel.
But at the same time what is ones persons cup of tea is not another, and what is ones persons standard is not another either.
Any more questions please feel free to ask, or if you want any photo's I'll happily send them to you.
Hope you have a great holiday! :D

Debbie
I've got to agree, Oasis Paraiso is one of the friendliest hotels I've stayed in.
Unless you're a professional whinger you'll like it. lovely and clean, well maintained.
Playa Paraiso doesn't comare in the least part to PDLA, it's a small place with only a small amount of pubs/entertainment and most important, NO nightclubs if that's what you're in to but it's only around €8 for a taxi to the bright lights.
There's a nice chinese restaurant there, right next door to the hotel.
Talk of the town is a great night out although I've heard Titch, the compere has gone now.
The slug and lettuce serves the best fish and chips on the island.
There's a little place where the locals and bar workers go after hours that serves food until the small hours if you're peckish on the way home, it's through a little car park, past the Pharmacy. Thomas who runs it works all hours of the day ( understandable when you see his wife! :D ) They're a nice couple though and although we couldn't speak much spanish were very friendly.
Down by the lido there's some nice little bistro/bars, we didn't visit them but they looked nice.
Of course it's nearly three years since we were there and there's been a lot of new build since so there's probably more to see now.

Anyway, have a nice time and let us know how it went when you come back.

Russ.
Debbie or any member who has visited the hotel recently if you haven't already left a review of the hotel could you please leave a review Here for the benefit of others.

thanks.
Hi Deb's and dsOrco thanks very much for the info it makes us feel a lot better about this hotel now we know a bit about it and the building work does not make that much noise. We only want to go to PDLA for a look round as you do, I don't think they would let us in any of the disco's at our age and as for the pool being cold, well I did dive into one at this time of the year after seeing a lot of kids playing in one, never again just to much for old ticker :wink:
The only other thing I would like to know is are there any Karaoke bars in the resort (Playa Paraiso) that is?

Thanks again
Dave
Talk of the Town certainly had Karaoke on every night (mind that was 3 years ago) but a few of the other bars did it too - cheap entertainment you see. :)

Russ
When I was at the hotel a couple of weeks ago they had a karaoke night, only for one night though out of the whole fortnight, but I'm pretty sure the rhythm and booze bar opposite the hotel has karaoke on, because often I could hear a few different singing voices coming from there while I was out that was so awful it just HAD to be karaoke! Either that or they could do with some new entertainers in there!! Hehe
Anything else you'd like to know ask away
Please Let us know how you got on when you get back, hope you have a great holiday!
Debbie :yipee
Hi Deb & ds, looks like there will be a bit more of a racket when I get there. :oops:
thanks
Dave
Well just over a week and we shall be in the sun with a bit of luck, got the tickets, passports and the money. So just got to get through Christmas ok and its of we go :wink:

Dave
Hi Dave

Incredibly jealous :bhead that you're nearly about to leave! But hope you have a fab holiday :D
Let us know what you thought when you get back, and if you have the opportunity to push Danny into the pool on my behalf that would be sooo Good!! :lol:
Happy holidays!

Debbie
Hello Debbie, thanks for all your comments about this resort and hotel, never one to rub it in (But) think of me and Mrs Holidaymaker about 6am tomorrow wizzing down M1 to Luton airport and then on to Tenerife for a week in the sun(I hope) have a happy new year I will :wink:
All the best,
Dave :sun
:rage Its SO not Fair!!! I want to go!! :wink:
Have a safe journey, careful its forcast for snow tomorrow!
Hope the sun shines for you in Tenerife, I'm sure it will!
Looking forward to hearing how you enjoyed it

Debbie :wave
Deb your turn will come and it will be his turn to be jealous. Serve him right for trying to rub it in. :tut ;)
Have a nice one Dave :)
Hi well I am back and what a good time was had by me, super weather report to follow soon.
Deb I never did get to push dug in the pool :cry:

Dave
Hi Dave
Glad you had a good time, You missed all the snow here! I had a great time, I love snow!!
Did you mean Danny when you said Dug? I don't know anyone called Dug, anyways hope you managed to find a few karaoke places in Playa Paraiso and had a good sing! :lol:

Debbie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.