Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
plugs
4 Posts
Hi Hullsmoggy, I believe it's the american flat 2 pin type.
In most places you need an American style flat 2 pin but that's usually only a 110V supply and if there's a 220V supply it often needs a European style 2 round pin plug. I've stayed in both hotels and casas where there have been both styles of socket in the room and usually clearly marked with regards to the voltage. On one occasion the room even had a socket that took 3 round pins in a straight line! It had me completely foxed and I later discovered that this was a Russian style one dating from the days of close co-operation with the Soviets but that was in a hotel that was off the beaten track for most tourists so if you are going to Playa Pesquero it's extremely unlikely that you'll encounter sockets like that.

Personally, I always take an adaptor for both American flat 2 pin and European round 2 pin sockets and I find that with the above exception (in El bosque in Holguin) I'm covered for most eventualities.

SM
Thanks. I will take various then just in case. Only 12 days to go now. Very excited

:sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.