Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Pomorie
15 Posts
Hi Yes,

What would you like to know I have lived in Pomorie for 4 years.

Celiajan
thanks for replying, we are coming over in August for 2 weeks and wondered how far it was from Sunny Beach and could we hire a car to go there, also what there is to do there any sightseeing?
Pomorie is about 20 minutes by car from Sunny beach, it would cost approx 30 Leva (10 pounds) and it is a must to visit. Remember you want Old Pomorie not New Pomorie.
Blue flag beaches, well known mud/health sanatorium, lots of bars restaurants, hotels, shops and lots for the children to do. In August there is free live entertainment in the open square every evening, there is an open air cinema, a circus and a big fun fair. Old Pomorie is not like Sunny Beach it is still very Bulgarian and it is well worth visiting, if you want to know any more please let me know.

Celiajan
Sounds really good must pay a visit when we go over, is it on the same lines as new and Old Nessabur
New Pomorie has the New big Sunset Resort a stunning building, but the area around it has nothing, whereas Old Pomorie has still retained a lot of the old wooden houses and cobbled streets. But also has the modern culture as well it is actually only 10 minutes from Bourgas Airport.

Celiajan
Why dont you just put Pomorie into your search engine, there's lots of info on there. Not just about Pomorie but also lots of other things about Bulgaria for the new-comer.

Patka
Thanks i will have a look on the search engine, we have been to Bulgaria twice now but we have been busy sorting our apartments out we have not had the chance to go really sightseeing
The only thing with doing a search on Pomorie I noticed is that it is not up to date, a lot of the sights have been the same for years, so will not give the up to date information that is needed.

Celiajan
any information would be grateful if you would like to pm me
Hi suemackey, sorry new to this cannot find your email address, can you send it to me. thanks

Celiajan
  • Edited by celiajan 2007-06-29 13:00:08
Hi celiajan,

Click the 'PM' icon at the bottom of Suemackey's (or anyone else's) post, then you can send a Private Message to the poster.

I have sent you one to demonstrate.

N.B. Suggest that you edit out your e-mail address or it is likely to be harvested by 'spambots'.

Baldur
I can't totally agree that new Pomorie has nothing. The Thracian Tomb and the old Monastery are within walking distance of Sunset Resort and are worth a vist,as is the Winery next door to the Resort which has a very good Restaurant at the back. Also Sunset is not just a Building - there are things to do there what with the 5 Restaurants,4 Pools,Bars etc. I agree it's a dead zone compared with old Pomorie but that is changing quite quickly now the new developments are springing up.

Re old Pomorie the Balneo Hotel has got the best Spa facilities I've ever seen and is a must to visit.

Cheers,

Jeff
Sue
perhaps you could tell us what you thought of Pomorie? This could be a helpful info thread for others who may be thinking about going :D
we caught the local bus there and were only there for about 3 hours, we thought is was very nice there was a cosmopolitan section where there were bars and resturants, we walked along the promenade and the beach and spotted some old ships that must be hundreds of years old, i would definately say go the once and see what you think it only cost us 5 levs for 2 people on the bus
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.