UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Went there 2 years ago on Sun Holiday.
The caravan we stayed in was tiny and miles away from the club, the pool was in need of painting.
The activities were brilliant for our kids (2 & 5 at the time).
Wherever you go to outside of the park you have to drive, there's not much within walking distance.
I know I've painted a gloomy picture but overall we enjoyed it.
If you have the chance to pay for the upgrade I can well recommend you do it, you won't waste so much time waiting in queues for bed linen, checking in etc.
We had a couple of days off the park, we went to Rhyll and Conwy Castle, can well recommend both.
Hope you have a great hol.
Hi,

i didn't know they had caravans at pontins Prestatyn.

Judith
thanks bob :)
we have heard such bad things about it ! lol the state of the apartments etc ! :shock: :(

but TBH we are only going to use it as a base we are there fri,sat,sun nights

we wont pay for linen we bring out own on the sun hols :wink:

we plan to go to Rhyl on the sat ,my boys love the sea life centre and the sun center ( if its not beach weather !)

then on the sunday the Mountain Zoo as we really enjoyed that last time

so long as the kids are happy thats the main thing,and if they have nice weather to be able to play out in they will be fine

a pool and a beach is all they need lol :lol:
Hi Rachie B, You will find that Bob is getting muddled up with Presthaven Sands which is in the middle of no where with caravans. Pontins is all chalets, most of which by now have been modernised and the Camp is easy walking to town and if you are feeling energetic, Rhyl is not much further to walk either. On Camp you will find plenty to amuse your two, this includes the pool you ask for and very close to the beach(10 mins walk, if that). We were only there for long weekends with the Queen Fan Club and so didn't get the,"Pontins Treatment" !! The Staff there at the time were brilliant but I am going back three years. Hope you enjoy your break and look forward to seeing your report on your return.

Les
Sorry Rachie, Cruisecontroller is indeed correct. :? The last 3 holidays we've been on have been Pontins, I forgot that Prestatyn wasn't one of them. All I can say is Pontins is brilliant, can't comment on the Prestatyn site tho.
We've been to Brixham once and Brean Sands twice, can recommend both of those highly.
We are going to pontins at prestatyn just a few questions:
. What is the accomadation like?
. What is Prestatyn like & what is there to do?
This is a sun newspaper holiday & it was not our 1st choice...
Much Appreciated for any info :!: : Curlylocksm
:thanks

EDIT: Merged with existing topic
David HT Mod
We went with some friends at feb half term as it was a real cheapie. We weren't expecting much at all as I had been several years ago to Southyport and it was awful but were quite pleasantly suprised. Ok not the height of luxury but it was clean and I didn't really expect that and took loads of cleaning stuff with me that I didn't need.

Electricity is by card, I think we got through about £8 for the weekend. They aren't too tiny but not very warm with only electric heaters so you may like to take some extra bedding.

We had a fun time and the kids really enjoyed themselves, the pool was ok and the playground good. The food though looked awful so I would find somewhere to eat off site.

Happy hols.
Hi
Me and about 3 other friends, we are all 18 are looking to book a weekend break at pontins in a couple of months time in prestatyn, i was just wondering if they would allow 4 lads to stay?? And also how old you have got to be to book because ive heard a couple of people say you have to be 18 and others have said 19.
So could anyone help me out. Thanks
I would doubt that they would accept your booking I'm afraid as they aim for the family market ste brom.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.