UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi mandyholiday, I have been doing a little bit of searching on the web and come up with the following:- In Prestatyn there is a Somerfield BUT, if you go along the coast a little further to Rhyl, you are spoilt for choice with Asda, Morrisons and Kwiksave. We stayed at Presthaven many years ago but more recently have visited the Pontins Site for long weekends with the Queen Fan Club. If you fancy a break from cooking then go to the Brewers Fayre Pub on the main road. When you come from Flint it is on the left before your Camp Turning. I think it is called The Bells of St. Marys, a white building anyway. Enjoy your holiday.
Hi Mandy i live about 10 miles from Presthavan. There is a Netto at the top of Prestatyn. Going towards Rhyl you will see a garage on the left Drivers it is called turn left there and follow that road and Netto is at the very top of the road. There is a Kwik save/Somerfield again turn left at garage and first right at the bottom of that road on the right is Kwik save .From there you can look around Prestatyn its only a small place so it wont take to long.There is a Netto in Flint if you are passing thru there. Cruise is right about The Bells but there are better eateries in the hills and only about a five mile max drive .I will give you more info if you would like.Please be careful when driving in North Wales. our Chief constable has a zero tolerance attitude and static cameras and mobile arrive alive vans all along the coast road 33mph in a 30mph and its 3 points and £60 fine. If you need anymore info please ask .Hope you have a great time .Cheers Dave
Hi Mandy

What I usually do if I'm holidaying in this country is go on the supermarket websites, you can locate the nearest supermarket from where you are staying, you just need to pop in the post code or town of where you are staying, it will even do you a map. I do this because the small local shops are so expensive so we just find the nearest large supermarket ie Tesco or Sainsbury's and go and stock up for the week.

Shell :D
Thanks everyone for your help.

Cruisecontroller, I had been thinking about checking out the Brewers Fayre website to see if there was one nearby.

Plumbari, thanks for the speedcamera warning. I'll make sure hubby keeps his speed down. Anymore info or recommendations about the area would be great. There's me,hubby & 9 year old son.

Shell, I have been on a couple of supermarket websites but as we've never been to the area before it's difficult to judge where they are. It's the first time we've been self catering in the UK & first time son been in a caravan so it's quite a little adventure(how sad am I!)

Thanks again everyone

Mandy :sun
Enjoy your little adventure, I hope the :sun shines for you.

Shell :wave
Thanks Shell

If the :sun doesn't shine at least we've got Cyprus to look forward too 7 weeks later when we should have plenty of :sun and :glynis

Mandy
Hi Mandy depends on what you like doin with your hols. Lots to see and do . Let us know and i will try to point out some nice places for you. And sorry its an Aldi store in Prestatyn not Netto. Cheers Dave
Ooh you lucky thing Mandy, yep there's no doubt about it that the sun will be shining in Cyprus and the drink naturally flowing :lol: Here's to happy holidays :glynis
Hi Mandy,
A bit more info about the supermarkets in Rhyl - Morrisons is excellent for fresh fruit and veg, salads, cheese and cooked meats, also BOGOFs and Asda does the ready meals and pizzas very well.
There is a excellent butcher in Prestatyn halfway up the High Street on the righthand side called Wiford something, and also loads of Charity shops if you run out os something to read.
If the weather is bad, I am sure your children will enjoy the Sun centre in Rhyl, a sort of tropical waterworld with monorail and wave machines.
Have a lovely time,whatever the weather.
G&L
Hi G&L.

Thannks for you info. Morrisons is the supermarket I use at home. Probably will give the Sun Centre a try.

Dave

We like to be pretty active so anything that keeps us on the go especially as I've got to do the Race for Life 2 days after we get back. Apart from swimming Ten Pin Bowling and cycling are other things we enjoy. Any chance of doing either of these in the area?

Thanks again

Mandy
Hi Mandy the only ten pin bowling i have heard of is in Llandudno about 15 miles from your base. Plenty of cycling and great walks around. Cheers Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.