UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi everyone, me and my partner are off to pontins southport at the end of april, we just want a few days away in between now and our big summer holiday and so we just got a 3 night break, you know the type, collect the tokens and pay 30 odd quid!! I only live half an hour away and so it's far enough to travel for a weekend. Was really looking forward to it as it's one of the only chances me and my parner get for some alone time, however after reading these reviews i am really disheartened, i know many of the reviews are up to 2 years old and so does anyone have a recent review that may ease my worries a little! I'm not expecting a luxury 5* weekend, just the chance of some relaxation, a few drinks and some time with partner!

thanks
xxx
Just returned from the ultimate holiday from hell at Pontins in Southport.

The original chalet we were placed in had no pots or pans or cutlery so we requested to be moved. The staff who dealt with this issue were extremely rude and quite frankly couldn't be bothered. The second chalet we were moved to was just as bad (if not worse) but by this time it was 9pm in the evening and my three young daughters were extremely tired and I wasn't prepared to move again (the pouring rain didn't help with this decision either) After settling down for the night I had a look round the chalet and quite frankly it was disgusting, there was excrement smeared on the bathroom wall behind the door, the window in one of the bedrooms when opened (to let the smell of damp out) completely fell out of the wall and I was left holding the whole window in my hand (this would be dangling about 3 foot above where my daughters were expected to sleep) The floor was absolutely disgusting, my girls refused to take off their shoes while in there as the floor was so filthy (I asked for a hoover and was told I couldn't have one as it was against health and safety regulations) but that would not have removed the mass of stains and mould on there anyway.

The cooker only had 3 knobs out of 5 which again was very dangerous as it makes it near impossible to tell if you have the thing switched on or off.

In the bathroom as well as the excrement on the wall the actual toilet seat was hanging off.

To top it all off when one of the laundry machines I was using broke down I politely requested that a member of staff (who was in the small hire shop next door) contact someone using his telephone to come and see to the problem. he sullenly replied "It's not my bloody job and I'm sick of this" this really was the final straw for me and I let him know that there was no need to be rude (especially as I had my 6 year old with me at the time) and left the hire shop to return to the laundrette. At this point the guy followed me into the laundrette stuck his face in mine and said "Dont f******** p*ss me off, I'll have your legs broken in 5 minutes"

I obviously notified a manager of the situation immediately and took my daughter away as quickly as possible.

All in all this was a holiday from hell for me, it was the first time I have ever taken my 3 kids away (their mum and I are divorced) and what should have been a memorable occasion for all us quickly soured.

I would strongly advise avoiding this place if you can help it, great job Pontins on ruining our holiday

If you would like to see some photos then please visit Youtube and enter "Pontins Hell" into the search.

Thanks for giving me somewhere to vent! :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.