Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I have had a look at the website you quoted and have seen a reference to three properties at St Denis du Payre ...

The contact details are certainly for France - the telephone number indicates that it is a mobile and not a fixed phone. However unfortunately I would have liked to see a SIRET number quoted, for a French business, even if the person(s) renting this accommodation is not linked to an umbrella organisation such as Clévacances or Gites de France.

You don't say what attempts you made to resolve the situation whilst you were still there, or if the owner offered to sort things out.

I can understand that you are feeling unhappy with your holiday, but I think you need to give more details of your specific complaints ... did you take any photographs.

If you do decide to take further action, I think that even this sort of business would have to be registered somewhere, either with the local chamber of commerce (Chambre de Commerce et de l'Industrie) or the Chambre des Métiers in the area of France where the accommodation is situated.

You could consider contacting the Union des Consommateurs in France - the Consumers Association, or even the Town Hall of St Denis de Payré to make a complaint. The nearest tourist office is 5 place de l'Abbaye, in 85580 St Michel en l'Herm (Phone/Fax 02 51 30 2189 Website : http://www.paysnedelamer.fr
E-mail : officedetourisme@paysnedelamer.fr).

This (http://www.paysnedelamer.fr/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=53) is the website for the local group of communes of which St Denis de Payré is a member.

However, if you paid in sterling, to an English bank account, you may have to seek redress through the UK small claims court. But you will need to have detailed proof of why the accommodation did not live up to its description or a reasonable standard of cleanliness and a reasonable demand for a reimbursement of costs.

Unfortunately it is not possible to retrain dogs and cats to change their homing instincts .. and it's often the case that local animals particularly like to visit holiday accommodation to charm the temporary visitors into giving them extra rations.
Re: vendeevactions.com

Thanks for your reply I have tired to communictae with the owner of the gite and he chooses to ignore all emails he responded once saying that he has been advised by his legal advisor not to comunictae with us I asked for his legal advisors contact details which he has also failed to provide

I intend to pursue this as we paid in advance and arrived to a very dissappointing accomodation the owner was not very approachable and we felt there was little we could do we were staying in his own private home which was filthy, the toilet smelt liek a public convience, along with numerous other issues, we did not discuss it with him as there seemed no chance of resolution, and there were more problems than could be resolved in a short time, I could guess his reaction had we tried to tell hm his house was dirty, and he had all our money so he had nothing to loose and we ad no where else to stay with 3 children.

We have pets (Dog & horse) so understand them and the way they are only loyal to there stomachs and have found this on previous years our issue was the lack of cleaning (pet hairs on kitchens sides in cutlery draws etc and the amount of excrement in the garden was so great we only went out there once

I intend to pursue him, I would also like to try and warn others about this sub standard accomodation so I am trying to find soem websites to post a honest review, had we know what it was like we would not have booked,

I also asked for his Siret no which he ignored so I assume he has not got one and is trading illeaglly

regards
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.