General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I've just tried easyjet and it doesn't go wrong for me but I don't question what you say - it's probably something to do with mouse driver versions/ settings.

You may have stumbled onto the answer to an issue that has cropped up with other companies, On The Beach springs to mind.
There is obviously something going wrong. I do believe those who claim that they entered the correct date but then find it wrong, but I also believe that there is a failure on the part of many to double check all the details before pressing enter. On the few occasions I buy anything online I personally take screen prints at each stage. I know that I have found mistakes in the past by reading those instead of the screen, but have then been able to do any amendments before committing myself. In some cases the corporate image that companies use does not help when reading the screen

What is of concern is we only know of those from people who post here on HT. I am sure that there are many others that we never hear about. Computers are wonderful things but they are just machines - they do not know if there is a mistake.

fwh
I know what you mean, if you haven't clicked off then you can scroll down and things can change, I always make sure I click to the side before I scroll down with anything now, it has become a habit. It is always important to check every detail before you confirm, I usually do this 2 or 3 times as I am terrified of making a mistake :yikes
I always click to the side when I am completing anything where you scroll down to fill in details, but you have to watch that you don't inadvertently uncheck a box on the screen that should be checked.

luci :wave
Do agree that things can get unexpectedly altered. Trying to check accommodation recently I wondered why the price was so much dearer, then found they were actually quoting for 5 rather than 1 and I have often found the dates have been changed. :rofl Yesterday after booking a transfer with A2B I noticed on my confirmation e-mail that the time of my return flight was 10 minutes later than I thought I'd entered but I'm not particularly worried about that as they have the flight number!
i posted something similar on one of the OTB threads

Hi Jim, you beat me to it, great minds think alike as they say.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.