Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
My husband (and I) would be delighted to get a 2.8-3% pay rise.

He's never had more than 2% when he does get a pay rise - which isn't every year.

When the pay rise was due, my husband received his P45! :really
The company he works for conveniently got bought out just when the pay rise was due
and that, together with the pension got well and truly ****** up.

The pension is being looked at now but the pay rise, they have been told, is a non-starter.
People seem to strike at the drop of a hat these days, there must be other alternatives. We (nhs) received a 2.75% payrise which certainly does not cover my rising fuel costs but just have to get on with it. I looked at my holiday insurance but you don't get much - something like £40 for the 1st 12 hour delay. It really won't help!
Apparently the strikes will be 03:00 - 03:00. They are having talks tomorrow. Not much info yet on the Gatwick website or first choice. Sounds like they are hoping for the best.
I understood that it wasn't just the baggage handlers but also the check-in staff going on strike, so if you can't book in you're not going to get through passport control without a boarding pass. We're flying on 29th from Gatwick with Thomson and can't get any joy from them. These people make me sick, I'm self-employed and can't afford to give my 3 staff a rise (thank god they're loyal) and this is the first holiday i've had in 3 years - why can't they realise that we're all struggling .

Katy
yup just the way to win friends and influence people eh......typical of unions though....thankfully I`m not having to use an airport at this difficult time but best wishes to those who have to and hope it all works out for all of you.......good luck..
Well hopefully if they are having talks today, they will come to some agreement and put us all out of our misery.
Do you reckon if we checked in before 3am on the 25th that , that would make any difference? i spose not because everyone would still have the same idea and the ones that dont,would still check in when the strikes are on.so there would still be delays.
I just looked on the Monarch website and it doesnt say anything new, its just updated the info on Celeb air...like anyone cares about that at the moment!

If anyone finds out anymore info let me know.
Thanks in advance
Although it did not affect me this is the best news today for all who have saved hard all year for their holiday.Sorry to say Blackmail wins again.
Its says the strikes have only been called off until they get a reaction back from the members, I read somewhere they have until the weekend to decide. So that means we probably wont know whether they are canceled or not until saturday. I wish they would tell us either way because the waiting is unbearable.

Im not getting my hopes up, incase they change their minds again, but by time they make up their minds, it will be leaving it abit close til Monday.grrr
Lets just hope the revised offer was a decent one that they will accept.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.