Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
The information could be shared on here too as other member may be interested :(
hi Glynis
the answers I got was that places are still open and it will still be busy enough. It does start to get humid in April, but I knew that already.
And I have just booked my flights :sun2 :pele :pele
We were going to be so good and not go away and do the house instead...... Well, we did think about it for a while but then OH said we were too old to start being sensible :)
We did the Golden Triangle Tour followed by a week in Goa in early March - a number of years ago. Goa was very humid in comparison to the North of India.

Very much akin to Cyprus from mid July to end of August so it put us in good stead for our permanent relocation here. Not that you ever get used to the humidity for those 6 weeks or so. But it's really not a pleasant feeling to exit the shower and feel wetter when trying to get dressed than when you were in the damn thing!

That's how it felt in Goa too... No blue skies, just a hazy greyish blue and although it was warm (around 90 farenheit) the sun didn't feel particularly hot as if you would burn.

That's a little bit different than Cyprus as the sun is very hot here in the summer months with similar or slightly higher temperatures. We get hazy skies too but the sun always manages to get through...

We would love to go back to India but would prefer to go in January I think next time.
we were ok when we were last there in April but then we tend to go to the Far East and so are used to the humidity( but of course would rather it wasnt so humid :D ). I was just concerned that it would be too quiet as things definitely are closing earlier than they used to.
Sounds like you will have an enjoyable time...... :-)
We went for a short stay of 10 days for late April early May last year and the hubs & I loved it. Yes a lot of places where closed down but there was enough places to eat & drink at with out having to visit the same place every evening. It was a little humid but during the day this was no problem when laying on the beach with the sea breeze. Accomadation was so much cheaper along with bike hire. We have booked are usual xmas new year holiday on the condition we go again in April. Well its a shame to waste the visa ;)
yes- the visa is such a pain to get so you are doing the right thing :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.