Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Wendy

The parade starts at the harbour at 18.00 hours and goes up Avda de los Almendros.
Then they cut across calle Marte and Venus, which brings them onto Avda Ruzafa.
They come down Ruzafa and passed the hotel Bristol Park and into parque de L'Aigüera.

Everybody wants to see the fireworks after the parade, so, I would say that you need to be near the Hotel Bristol Park and the entrance to the park.
It takes a good hour for the parade to get across the old town, so we used to walk from Levante end at 6pm, take a steady stroll up there and still had to wait quite a long time.
If you wanted to see the parade earlier and are not interested in getting a good view of the firework display, then you'd have to be at the harbour for 6 pm or catch them on route on one of the streets mentioned above.

HTH's

Sanji
Sanji

Thanks for the information on the kings parade.We fly out on Sunday and will have a good view from our balcony at Hotel Maderia Centro
Cheers
Westie
Hi Sanji,
Thanks for that information - maybe I'll see you there. I'll look out for a lady with a camcorder!!! Hope the weather will be fine. How warm (or cold!) is it in the nights?
Wendy
Hi Wendy
Not this year ...I flew home late on Thursday night, feeling quite rough with flu like symptoms and an infection of the gums.

I've just managed to drag my body out of the bed and will be going back to bed on and off today, it's floored me !....the suitcases are still unpacked and where we dumped them in the hall at midnight on Thursday...it's now developed into a chest infection, but I did see it coming and went to the farmacia on Wednesday in Benidorm, Luckily, it didn't spoil the New Year Celebrations, except I couldn't eat my steak during the gala meal because of this abscess on my gum.
The temperatures during the daytime ranged between 14 and 18 degrees C.
About 5.30pm when the sun goes down, so do the temperatures and you feel it more if it has been a warm, sunny day.

If you're going to stand waiting for the parade, then get wrapped up well, the fact that you're just standing and not moving about makes it seem colder than it actually is.

The other advice I would pass on, is to take nothing than what you need......and apart from the camcorder, I used to leave my handbag, wallets etc in the hotel room/safe, and we just take a 20 euro note incase we wanted a drink on the walk back or a taxi.

The less you take, the less you have to worry about, :wink: there are thousands of people there and in places it's shoulder to shoulder contact.
I hope you have a good night and enjoy the parade, I will miss seeing the fireworks, so I'll have to watch last years video to cheer myself up. :bawl
Sanjiii
Hi, we are on our last day in Benidorm! Sad to say.... the weather is a little colder than previous years but still pleasant enough. We will miss the 3 Kings but have enjoyed it everytime we have seen it. A word of advice - don´t sit on a chair, you will be charged and also it gets quite chilly just sitting.
Enjoy! :wave:

As a sideline Sanji hope you soon feel better, we both had the flu thing before we came away and were glad of the break. :offtop
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.