Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Travel scooters
8 Posts
Hi Patka, I bought a REVO 4 scooter off the internet for about £700 and I must say it is very quiet and very easy to take apart to put in the car. It takes weight up to 21 stone and yet is light enough for my hubby to take apart and lift into the car . It is also good on inclines and if you look it up on the internet it will give you all the relavent details...just put Revo4 into a google search, some others we tried to research didn't give all the details for inclines etc.
Thanks, that looks good, now all I want is a free home trial!!! Do you really get 20 mls per charge?

Patka
Hi Patka, I really dont know how far it goes on a charge...it says 20miles, but only been out 3 times on it yet and only around town...it's done nothing but rain since I got it ...think I've jinxed the weather :lol: It's only been charged once in the 3 times I have used it, but have no idea how far I have been on it. I didn't have a home trial, but what you could do is try one out from a mobility centre that hires them for around town.
Been in touch with Pride Scooters and their guy is coming tomorrow and the Reva 4 is one of theirs. It looks much more substantial than one I have looked at elsewhere.
We should be able to have a good demo of it and I've done a lot of price research so if they try to quote silly prices I can quote others back.
It all depends on how easy my other half finds it to stow in the car.
It will make trips out possible again and it will go to Normandy for its first holiday abroad.
Really appreciate your input, lets hope the weather dries up and we can both enjoy our wheels.

Patka
Hi Patka, I'm glad I could help. I'm sure if the Pride guy quotes silly prices at you, you will be able to find one on the internet for less. I got mine at betterlifehealthcare.com.I hope you find it suitable...good Luck
Word of warning.

Check to see if the scooter needs to be registered with the DLVA.

Check out the DVLA link for further details.

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/invalid_vehicles.aspx
Road scooters may have to be registered but not pavement type , the road ones go much faster, about 8 miles an hour, pavement ones only do 4 miles an hour.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.