Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Scooters!!
11 Posts
Anyone and everyone will get you a scooter, and if you know your bikes you should know the faults/problems to look out for, so have a good look round it, and don't hire a scooter because it's the cheapest. If you do take the brave option of no helmets then you could also be unlucky and get pulled and fined - keep 300rps in one pocket and never show the cops a bundle of notes, tell them that's all you have and they will possibly be happy with that.
Have fun but take great care.
And remember to get an IDP before you go!
thankyou for info..cant wait to take those busy roads on!! ;) idp is that international license?

holly x
Yep you can get them through some main post offices or directly from the AA :tup
I may be wrong here but I got the impression from thr first post that the poster was'nt a qualified licenced scooter or moter cyclist, Mabey it's just me, but is the madness of Goan traffic the best way to take your first step in this direction ?. Everyone seems quite happy about this, but the risks for even experienced riders are quite high, as no matter how careful you are, the drivers in their monster four wheeled wagon down frpm Mumbai, dont drive as carefully as you.
I've ridden motobikes in th UK in past years, but with Goan drivers and the loose grit and terrible Goan roads, theres no way I'd go happily riding around Goa on a scooter wearing tee shirts and shorts. Gravel is auful sharp and skin is auful thin. A fine from the boys in brown would be the least of your worries. At least thats my, very likely, minority view
Alan
I have to agree Gramps,

I have a full UK motorcycle license and ride daily in the UK and even I get scared at some of the driving standards in Goa.
If its your first time on two wheels then I wouldn't recommend Goa as the first place to try.
It also invalidates your travel insurance if you have an accident.

Alan
My thoughts exactly, unfortunatley most people choose to ignore this, still everyonee's entitled to their opinion.
Alan
thanx for advice and i 2 would be concerned for sum1 who had not ridden b4 after seeing the roads and traffic myself,
fortunately ive been riding for years and have my own sports bike not that iwould even attempt on using a bike like that in goa!!!
but do enjoy offroading so seems quite up my street even for a scooter!!

:yikes hollyx
retired HGV driver and I wouldn't dream of taking 4 wheels out, let alone 2!
maybe rent a push bike though if I can find pavements to ride on :D
:rofl When we got push bikes out I still WALKED with it across the 'roundabout' down to Anjuna...and wasn't sure whether I should indicate and go AROUND or stop and walk INSIDE the temple elephant we came across a bit further up! :rofl (I walked it!!!) :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.