Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Thanks Solaar, I've got the picture. The small fee was worth it because it meant you didn't have to visit the police station, and is understandable.

What the situation is now who knows - it's Bulgaria!

Peter
Was talking to my other half last night and she thinks it was 14L we had to pay, basically a Lev for everyday we'd been there.

Off to SB a week on Monday and staying in private accom again so will try and report whilst I'm there.
that would be great solaar because I am going to semiramida gardens on the 18-08 and would really like to know whether I need to go police station, or post office.

the man I am renting the apartment from is my sister in law's father and he said that we need to go police/post office for it.

I mean I do not mind paying the fee if its required.

have a great time!

Dan

ps this has been a good thread which i am glad I started!
Semiramida is where I stay.

When I was there I got PMG (Property Management Group) to do the exit visa.

Probably best to ask for Sylvia whilst you are at the apartments and she will tell you what you need to do. She's usually around the bar during the day.
I think I've now got a definitive answer thanks to Patka on her laptop.

See the Bulgarian Embassy website HERE, at the very bottom of the page.

I can't find a copyright notice and I'm sure the Embassy won't mind me quoting it anyway, as it's in all our interests to know -

All foreign visitors should bear in mind that under Bulgarian Law they are required to contact the local police station within 48 hours of their arrival in Bulgaria and present in writing the address at which they will be staying. If they are staying in a hotel or private lodgings, the hotel management/host are obliged to register them at the local police station.

This information was updated 22.05.2007, which is post EU entry and presumably states the current law.

I don't think the piece of white paper has anything to do with it at all now, and there was no requirement for it at Varna Airport 2004, 2005, and 2006. Didn't even get one last year. However, things might be different at Burgas, that's the problem.

Hope this helps,

Peter
solaar how was the semiramida gardens like???

i have seen some great photos. i can not wait to go now!
Semiramida is lovely.

My parents have an apartment in the smaller of the two blocks. Good distance from the centre but there are still some good local restaurants. Went there last year for 2 weeks.

I'm there from the 20th so say hi!
oh wow wel me and my fiance are going.....

the pools look great, am looking forward to djannys and other kebab selling restuarants.
Djannys is great but you need to go earlyish if there is just the two of you going. We went about 7 one night and couldn't get in, so went about 530 the next and just about got in.

There is a great kebab place over the road from Semiramida
As this topic has now drifted well off topic I shall now lock it.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.