Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
No, when you arrive you will leave your passport in reception for a day or so for the police to get your details.

Peter
eh?

what's all this about? never heard about this before :!:
Its in the past and then it was only if you were staying elsewhere than package holiday accomodation. Dont worry about it.

Patka
I went a walk upto the police station in GS with a Porter pal of mine from the Perunika early one morning & he was handing over deatails of the new arrivals.

:lol:
last year we handed our passports into reception and they gave us an exit visa for when we left, we dont have to do this now do we?
As Peter of York has already pointed out on this thread you will have to hand over your passport at reception but the chances are you will not be given the white card at the end of your stay, many places were not giving them last year.

Patka
i do not go on package holidays i have my own properties over there, but I have been told by my mainteance manager that we do not need exit visas anymore[
As I said in my last post, many places were not giving them last year.

Patka
we were given one last year and were asked at checkin at the airport for it, but sounds like we dont need them this year
We were not given one from our hotels last year on either of our visits staying at 2 different hotels nor were we asked re them at the airport and in fact we still have the ones we were given the previous year.

Patka
Likewise Patka, two different Hotels last year, another one this year no paper, In fact was told stopped officially 01.01.2006 Like you Ihave mine from two years ago. Tonyt.
am stopping in an apartment of a relative not a hotel from the tour operator so I have been told to registered at the police station????
A lot of things have changed since 1st January 2007 when Bulgaria entered the EU.

Also bear in mind that in Bulgaria officialdom makes things up as they go along. As you can see on this thread alone, in Golden Sands and Albena exiting Bulgaria through Varna Airport, they haven't wanted to know about the white exit visas and last year didn't even issue them.

However, reports suggest they were issued and required, last year at least, in the Sunny Beach area exiting via Burgas Airport.

Welcome to the crazy world of Bulgarian bureaucracy!

If you are a EU citizen, as far as I can see you will not be required to register with the police. But hey, this is Bulgaria, might be a good idea to go along to the local police station and say hello, just in case.

Please let us know what happens.

Peter
ok will do thanks for the advice
No longer need to register in SB went to police station in march told no need to
Horses :D
Horses, were you staying in the apartment of a relative or friend like young_turk will be, please?

Peter
We stayed in private accom last Aug in Sunny Beach and when coming back through Bourgas Airport we weren't asked for the Visa papers, felt like we'd wasted 10L getting them.
Hi Solaar,

felt like we'd wasted 10L getting them

Please explain, because in 18 years we've never paid to get the white slip of paper that acted as an exit visa.

Also, are you a British Citizen, and did you leave your passport in reception for 24 hours when you arrived, please?

I really am intrigued as to why you had to pay 10 leva!

Peter
So am i peter we have never had to pay for ours, I was speaking to an apartment owner last year as she said she was not given one at the reception so she went to get them from a stationers in Sunny Beach and filled it in her self
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.