Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I think Tossa de Mar is lovely. Plenty to do with go access to other places on public transport. Sorry, don't have any recommendations for hotels.
Thanks GQB....that was my intial thought. HOWEVER they've now decided they fancy Benidorm :duh

After I'd sent loads of info to them about Tossa and the Costa Brava and checked out flight prices :roll:

Back to the drawing board
Just come back from llorett we went with ferris first time and i must say 100 times better than club c. Travelling was fine, hotel mercedes excellent, very clean, all staff friendly and food was fresh and plenty of choice (although a few english did not think it was good enough, my family were happy with it. I think they dont realise they are in spain for goodness sake, i am a fussy eater but i ate every evening in the hotels restaurant). would not recommend llorett for families though not alot to do apart from beach and pool, on an evening we had to take our 11 year old go karting twice and bowling a few times as there was only bars and restaurants to go too.
I am often perplexed at people who think that Spainish resorts, like Lloret, aren't good for families. When I was little, we never went abroad, and only went to the seaside. I was happy, there wasn't much to do, and I was happy on the beach. Ok, after the age of 13, I'd get bored, but that is because I was 13. If we'd have gone to a place like Lloret, I'd have been ecstatic!! Hot weather, the beach, the pool! You would have never got me OUT of the pool or water at that age! Plus all the beach activities and trips! Children nowadays expect too much and are ungrateful!

Sorry :offtop I just had a little rant! :rofl
we took our 2 girls to Lloret when they were younger.....I literally had to drag them out of the pool so we could go in for a nap before getting ready for our evening meal......Both were happy just to trawl around the shops in the evening before settling down in the Robin Hood or similar bar/hotel.....I know they are girls so maybe they are easier to please
Well, at least they sound like decent girls!

Years ago, a couple I know went to Florida every year. The children complained, "Not Florida, again!" Ungrateful spolit brats. I turned around and said that the parents should tell them that when they can afford to pay for themselves, they can decide where to go. I just got a frosty look. The children are now adults and are still spoilt little madams.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.