Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Pomorie
6 Posts
Hi sedc,

Wecome to the board.

It's just over 21km (around 13 miles) from Pomorie to Sunny Beach.

The latest timetables available on the 'net show that there are local bus services from Burgas to Sunny Beach and Varna, which will obviously pass close to Pomorie, but whether they stop at Pomorie or not, is unclear - especially as specific Burgas-Pomorie buses are shown as running at 6:30, 7:15, 8:00, 8:45, 10:15, 12:00, 12:45, 13:35, 14:15, 16:15, 17:15 & 17:45; while buses are shown to run from Burgas to Sunny Beach every 40 minutes from 06:10 until 20:20, then at 21:10 & 22:00.

Note - Unfortunately the Burgas bus timetables are not presented in unicode text, so will appear to be gibberish - Поморие (Pomorie) is actually shown as Ïîìîðèå, while Слънчев бряг (Sunny Beach) is shown as Ã'ëúí÷åâ áðÿã.

Baldur
Many thanks

We may pass on staying there and just visit for the day as the transport does not look very reliable
pomorie is a place to relax and let the world go by
there are plenty of bars and places to eat the beaches are nice and sandy and it will be cheaper than sunny beach.
the busses are if my memory serves me (we have be going for the past 4 years) every hour and a taxi wont be too dear
so it depends what you want on a holiday :cheers
there are photos on this site (on the photo gallery)
Note - Unfortunately the Burgas bus timetables are not presented in unicode text, so will appear to be gibberish - Поморие (Pomorie) is actually shown as Ïîìîðèå, while Слънчев бряг (Sunny Beach) is shown as Ã'ëúí÷åâ áðÿã.

I adjusted the encoding to Cyrillic (windows - 1251) and it printed perfectly on the screen.

Peter
Peter of York wrote:
I adjusted the encoding to Cyrillic (windows - 1251) and it printed perfectly on the screen.

That's what I do as well, Peter, but not an ideal situation for non-technical forum users....or those who use browsers other than Firefox or Google Chrome, e.g. Internet 'Exploder' calls it 'Cyrillic (Windows)'.

Basically, it's poor html design/encoding on the part of the bse.bg website's designer - I can't think of another Bulgarian Cyrillic site which does not use Unicode.

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.