Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Ixia would be a good choice, you can go to Lindos on the bus, although you have to go to Rhodes Town get it.
Taxis are 6 euro to Rhodes Town or 2 euro on the bus. Ixia is quieter than Rhodes Town but near enough to visit.
If you go to Lindos take plenty of water, its hot., bus service is good to all parts of the island but tend to stick to coast roads.
I would agree about Ixia, the only hesitation is that the beach is not sandy and it can be quite windy if you are looking to lay on the beach all day. That said the breeze can be very welcome.
Take a look @ Sun & Sea apartments available thru Thomas Cook or Travel Republic. In a quiet area of Faliraki called Kathara Bay
Thanks for the advice. I'll certainly look up the Sun & Sea Apts. I think Ixia isn't quite for us. The pebbly beach and wind puts us off and from what I've read most of the hotels are on a really busy road so might be quite noisy when trying to sleep.

I think we're thinking of somewhere either on the outskirts of Faliraki or Afandou.

Any advice welcome

Thank You
I was going to suggest Afandou

But from your other post it seems you have already decided that as an option. I would definitely recommend getting a car to get around.

There are some great places to eat in Faliraki and it is not the clubbers paradise it used to be - there is still a good nightlife but equally there are some quieter spots. We had an excellent meal in a beach side restaurant last june (unfortunately I cannot remember it's name but it was across the road from the KFC - and that isn't as bad as it sounds ;) )

My brother raves about Ixia - but I have to say we prefer the Lindos/Haraki/Stegna region to stay then drive all round the island.

Dave
Why don't you consider Rhodes Town as a location. It has two beaches (one on the calm east coast and one on the west coast). Lots of interesting places to visit, including the fantastic Old Town, all within walking distance and a good base location to travel down the east and west coasts to other parts of the island by buses, taxis or hire car .

Rhodes Town and the nearby Old Town also has the largest selection of bars and restaurants compared with anywhere else on the island
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.