Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi cornish lad the slavey is still there but it is a new hotel now as they have rebuilt it and it really looks great .the slavey was the first hotel we stayed in in 1994 and went back a few times as i liked it .when you go you will have to go up and see it as it is a far diffrent hotel now from the one we stayed in :cheers june
Hi June,
So it is now rebuilt, I liked staying there me and the wife made friends with Melena the receptionist and will be seeing her again this trip. Since the first time we went she has now got 2 children who we are looking forward to seeing. I will take a walk up the hill to go and have a look. Will let you know what I think of it on our return. 2 weeks to go before getting on the big bird in sky :cheers
Unfortunately, the last reviews we have for this hotel are from 2005 :yikes
If anyone has recently stayed, please post your review here

Thanks

Kath x
The Salavey was taken out of the Balkan book It was our first hotel and have a lot of good memories from it as we went back to stay a few times .A lot of the hotels are now missing from the balkans book and they get less each year which is a shame as we get less and less choice as we only like going B/B please let us know what you think of the new Slavey cornish lad thanks June :wave: :tup
Hi June,
Like you we enjoyed our stays at the old salavey. The staff were always friendly and polite. The reason we booked the pliska is as you say it was omitted from the balkan brochure, otherwise Im sure we would have booked the salavey again just to see old friends. I know that the staff enjoyed working in the salavey rather than the one across the road. Is the new salavey in the 2010 brochure?

speak soon,
cornish lad ( Roger ) :)
No its not in the new book :que : if it was we would have booked it we are going back to the shipka next year ,as it was a great holiday there this year .as there is not much choice for next year as the biggest part is all inclusive which we dont like .Or go to sunny beach but we have always went to G/S as we have made loads of friends there and like to go and visit them june
Hi June,
What a shame, I would have also booked it. Like yourself we prefer B&B as your not tied to when you eat. As for sunny beach I visted nessebar and went through sunny beach and it did not really appeal to me to flat, as GS has the hills,woods and beach rolled into one. Anyway I will get this holiday out of the way then all the members can start discussions again in the forum for 2010 Ha!

cornish lad :tup
hi cornish lad hope you all have a great holiday ,i just wish i was going back again long way of till 2010 :cheers June
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.