Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Thanks nic. Yes do agree it would be nicer to have a sea view, I just didnt know what was out the other side. x
Stopping in hotel Cala Bosch from 16th of May for a week. Does anyone have a e mail address for this hotel so I can ask for a good room. Anyone stopped ther any comments and any tips where to visit in the area.
Thanks
Hi all
We are due to go to this hotel in Spetember 2009, but have read a post stating that all drinks including drinks from the bar in the evening are served in plastic cups.
Can anyone confirm this is true as if so could well be drinking out of the hotel in the evenings as drinking beer & brandies out of plastic just doesn't taste right.
Understand if round the pool during the day but evenings should be glasses like all other AI hotels we have been to in spain and their islands.
Thanks
Lyn
Hi Lyn, yes it is plastic glasses I am afraid. You do get proper wine glasses in the dining room at meal times but from the lobby bar it is plastic tumblers. I do agree it would be nice to have proper glasses in the evening but to be honest it didnt really bother us. I can understand yes round the pool etc it should be plastic.

We are also going in September, apart from the plastic glasses it is a lovely place to stay

Any questions just let me know
  • Edited by SallyMac 2009-07-21 10:18:09
I don't like plastic but can understand that around pool areas, they are best.
At least with plastic, they are thown away after use so they are hygenic.

What I hate are the polythene(?) ones where they wash them (but often don't dry them!)
You can sometimes taste what drink was in it before - usually Pernod.

Most hotels in the Canaries use glasses in the bar areas - day and night. So much more enjoyable.
Thanks Sally Mac
Read the reviews and apart from the plastic glasses really looking forward to staying there.
We have been to resort on a couple of odd days when staying in Cala Blanca
so know what a nice place it is.
Thanks again
Lyn
no problem, hope you have a lovely holiday. We went last Sept and are going back same time this year. Am counting down the days ....
We are going to the Hotel Cala'n Bosch in a few weeks, can someone tell me whether we can hire beach towels from the hotel or are we going to have to take them with us. For the last few years we have always gone with Thomsons who you can always hire towels with but this year we have booked with Thomas Cook and we only have a 15kg luggage allowance with them (20kg with Thomsons) so if I don't have to take towels that would be a relief. Is it also right that I need to take a hairdryer with us? Any other helpful tips or advice about the hotel or resort would be appreciated.
Thanks
Steph
hi, we are also going in a couple of weeks, having been there last year. There is no facility to hire towels at the hotel so yes take your own, or buy a couple when you get there.

No hairdryer in the room either.

Its a great hotel with excellent facilities and great food! If you have any other questions I will be happy to help
Thanks Sally,
At least we know now, so will have to squash those towels in! We are going the 12th for a week, what date are you going?
Steph
hi Steph, we arrive the day before you and are there for a fortnight, so looking forward to it! :sun2
Hiya
Thanks for your help, can't wait for the 12th. I will be the scouser with the thin beach towels!
Steph
Lol come and say hi if you see us - we are the Scots! There is myself and hub - both in our 30s and our son who is nearly 3, and my parents. :wave: Is it just the 2 of you going
No, as well as myself and husband, there's our son - who's 5; my mum and dad & Paul's (my husband) mum. I'm clinging on to my thirties and Paul will be easy to recognise. He'll be the only one in the hotel looking depressed as he will have just turned 40 by the time we arrive !!
It'll be fun to hook up & let the boys (the little ones ) keep each other amused !!!
we are bound to bump into each other, it wasnt that busy last year at the same time. You will love the place, and your son will have a ball. He will love the goody goody park with the bouncy castles, trampolines, go cart rides etc. The hotel itself is so geared up for the smaller kids and the entertainment team are fab, they make it for the kids, and the shows they put on at night are a good laugh.

We are both on the wrong side of 35 ourselves LOL
Thanks for all the info, Sally. We are all really looking forward to our holiday.

We'll, hopefully, see you at the bar !!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.