Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
You could try dining at the Mom Tri's Boathouse on Kata....fine French and Thai dining with apparently very good wines (which I would know nothing about as I stick to a glass of Singha). Ate there many years ago, it had a good reputation then and has maintained that. Great location overlooking the beach. There are other restaurants that Mom Tri has in Phuket you can try as well.

Been around one of the Star clippers when it was moored in Langkawi. Very nice and small enough to get to some great locations in Phang-Nga bay though that would depend on your cruise itinerary.
Thanks Sunbear, Phang Nga Bay is on our itinerary. The boat looks very nice on the Star Clipper website. Did you get to see inside any of the cabins? I think they're quite small but we don't mind. We've cruised before but never done anything like this. Most of the stop offs are on small islands but we do go to Penang as well. We were there a few years ago for a holiday. I think it'll be a relaxing cruise, with plenty of beautiful scenery. I'll put Mom Tris Boathouse on my list. I've read some good reviews of it. We love Thai food, well actually we love food and when we were in Thailand in 1989 we certainly enjoyed the cuisine. I'm sure a lot has changed in 20 years. We've never been to Phuket so it'll all be new to us. We don't want to do all fine dining. We also hope to enjoy food & a cool glass of Singha from small local restaurants.
Not too long to go. Really looking forward to it.
Gail
Gail did you use the virtual tour on their website:- http://www.starclippercruises.co.uk/ships/starclipper.php

On the right click on virtual tour, then click on the little stars. I've clicked on 2 that I thought could be cabins and they were :tup
Thanks Glynis, Yes, I've seen the cabins on the virtual tour on their website. They all look fine. Mind you I bet their site makes them look as big as possible so I just wondered if anyone had seen them for real. Our cabin is mid ship on the Clipper deck.
Regards
Gail
No didn't get to see the cabins just the exterior of the clippers...think it was the Star Flyer. Look great when they are on full sail...fantastic way to see the area. Had friends who went on it...they thought it was great. Just about the only cruise I would fancy.
We are on the star Clipper which is identical to the Star Flyer. They are the smaller boats which appeals more to us. The Royal Clipper is bigger. Being on a sailing boat will definitely be a new experience. Hope we don't get seasick. I'm realy looking forward to returning to Thailand too. We've been meaning to go back for years but the world is such a big place.
Gail
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.