Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Aberdeen is an area on the South side of Hong Kong Island and we once had a very unpleasant experience there - followed for a long time by people who wanted us to use their restaurant and we did not want to :(

The San Fermin has lots of Spanish pensioners who spend their "free" week holiday there, usually in September and the entertainment (which can hear every evening in summer) is geared very much towards Spanish guests though there is lots of other things going on outside the hotel. Also lots of young Spanish visitors in high summer.
This last summer we heard many more English speaking guests than usual.
Believe me, Waterproof, you'd want to use this Aberdeen restaurant (if you haven't already)... know what you mean, too, about the nighttime entertainment at the San Fermin. Used to hear it, and the Bali, every night from the Jupiter, but thankfully never went on late.
You can hear the San Fermin and the Bali in the Jupiter :yikes
Over the years we have lived there it has got louder and louder but think the Bali is the worst and we live nearer to San Firmin - if I never hear that kids CD ever again it will be too soon. :duh
Yes we have eaten a few times in the Aberdeen and it is good- probably too busy for in house entertainment - enjoyed the food.
The San Fermin has lots of Spanish pensioners who spend their "free" week holiday there, usually in September

There's no such thing as a "free" holiday for the Spanish pensioners, and as the scheme only runs between October and June, any Spanish pensioners staying in the hotel in September will have paid the going rate and the same as anybody else.

Sanji
At least the Spanish look after their old folk a lot better than in the UK, both monetarily and in terms of respect, Sanji
Sorry - we see the pensioner at the San Fermin in October not September :whoops
Sanji if there is no "scheme" how does it run from October to February?
Hi
I didn't say there was no scheme, I said there is no such thing as a "free" holiday.
They all pay, albeit a reduced rate, but they ALL still pay something, so it is not free and the amount due varies depending the duration of the holiday and the type of holiday.
The Government scheme runs from October to June and it's not just about pensioners getting a holiday, it's also to keep hotels open for 12 months and keep people in work....which means the Spanish Government don't pay out benefits on a mass scale due to 'seasonal' unemployment.

HTH's
Sanji
I have seen a list of the prices that apply to these concessionary holidays and they vary depending on what area of Spain people live in and the holiday destination, one the companies that organise these holidays is called Mundo Seniors, I have stayed in hotels in different Spanish locations where they have brought visitors.
Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a mini fridge or even mini bar in the rooms to keep water, or possibly something stronger cold. :cheers

p.s. any tips on where will be best to watch the World Cup games, provided were still in it by then. ;)

Countdown has begun... T minus 6 weeks and counting. :sun2
I can't help re the fridge, but as for the football, the hotel is just round the corner from Bonanza Square. Loads of bars and restaurants, lots of choice for watching the games.
Legends is far and away the best bar for watching football on the Square
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.