Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Have you had a look if Alpharooms do it, it might be cheaper or have you got another hotel in mind.
I have checked and WSH are the cheapest, not really got another hotel in mind.
I have never been to mainland Spain before and I have book this Hotel. I got a Great price and was wondering is the hill really bad? Has anyone recently stayed here and would go back?
Ave Telefonica aka cardiac hill is only a problem if you have walking problems or are generally unfit.
Thanks for answering Pipefitter. I am not keen on walking hills.LOL But if everything else is Ok we can always get a taxi back up the hill.......not a problem going down
Adva Telefonica is probably the most direct route down to the beach but it isn't the only one. Personally, I would use Avda San Fermin which runs down the side of the hotel to the N340 near the Los Cisnes Apts. There is a pedestrial crossing at the junction where you can cross the main road and walk down a slope to the beach.

A.M.
To read our reviews of the San Fermin Hotel, please click here.

David :wave
I have read reviews that the food is not brilliant at this hotel.....we go in two weeks. Can anyone tell me of a good Chinese close to the Hotel?
could you please post a report when you get back as I am going there on 17th june for 2wks.Thanks in advance.
jules, will let you know all about it when i return
Quite a few Chinese near to San Fermin without going down the hill. Go to Bonanza Square which is about 5 minutes away from the Hotel going upwards (not steep) and there are 2 in there with another across the road. Also other types of restaurants in this square (alot of English) and bars.
Uncle Toms Cabin is a nice quiet bar next door to San Fermin - they do good snacks at lunch time.
that is good to hear. I am not a great fan of walking.LOL
In the post about Paloma Park I told you how to get to it - if you go part of that way you get to Bonanza Square but do not go down Calle Capricornio - opposite the British Bar. Go past this road a few more yards up and Bonanza Square is just there on the left. Go past the new houses they are building and the Square is just behind them.
we are just back from the San fermin and I have left a report. If anyone has question fire away
Sounds good! Food seems to be better than I was expecting!!One question though did you have to pay for sunbeds, I'd read somewhere it was 2euros a day for a bed?
yes two Euro for a sunbed. At weekends they went quickly. We got none on the saturday and then we waited beside them on the Sunday. They opened at ten fifteen and by ten thirty they were all gone.
On Monday there were plenty.
We are going back to Benalmadena next year again and quite fancy the San Fermin, but I have read a few reports that they charge for sunbeds :que , can anybody confirm they still do this and if they do it all year round or just high season.

I take it this charge allows you to wander off and return later and still have the beds, because surely as with beaches you 'hire' the bed for the day.

Find it staggering that they would do this never come across it before in all our travels, did they think the 'hill' :tongue would put people off going down to the beach and decided to cash in.
I have lived quite near to San Fermin for about 7 years and they have always charged for the sunbeds.
Lots of people don't bother with the beds and just put towels on the grass.
We often watch people going the beds and you can see by their reactions they are shocked they have to pay. OK cheaper than the beach beds but think it is a bit of a cheek to expect guests to pay for beds.
Hello
Never stayed here but once stayed at Benal Beach where they charged for sun beds. There is a plus however, you could always get one, it was placed where you wanted it and there was none of the nonsense of people scurrying around at 6.00am putting their towels out to sunbathe for the day whilst they went out!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.