Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Re: Weather Q&As
60 Posts
It doesnt look too bad Walks, around 21C even with it being cloudy. Around 14C at night so you may want long or 3/4 length trousers and a cardi for the evening.

Just take a good mixture of clothing and you will be well prepared

Have a lovely time
:cheers

Thanks Sally dont think i am going to come back with a tan tho :cry

Pip
x

not complaining much it will be a nice break from school and weight watchers :rofl
Hi everyone me and my family are off to menorca 30th May for two weeks and are staying at the girasol apartments in son bou, have been looking at the weather reports for menorca and its not great at the moment, i think we have about 7 weeks before we go, do you think the weather will ok?? never been this early before usually go end of june but it was way to expensive! thanks nat :)
I'l let you know i'm off on the 2nd May for 2 weeks to Santo Thomas went 2 years ago and its was in its mid 20's so fingers crossed. :cheers
You really are in the lap of the gods at that time of year,

We have been to the Med early season and had great weather but also been sat in a fleece round a very cold pool!

Fingers crossed
Have you looked at http://www.wunderground.com

You can use their Trip Planner facility to give you an idea of what to expect. Also has historical records for previous years. Really good information but as others have said it's quite hit and miss so keep your fingers crossed!
well we are flying out on the 22nd of may so if I get access to a computer I will put a post on there to let you know the temperature. I believe that their summer doesnot really start until the middle of may so I am trying hard to avoid the forecasts but this does mean that we will have a cold pool and the sea will be chilly......we too could not afford to go later and as three families travelling together we had to go in half term.
Gilly
ok thank you, have a good time, what area are you off too? we are going to son bou i love it there the beach is amazing, hopefully the weather will be nice fingers and toes crossed :D
we are off to Cala Galdana this is my favourite part :cheers
Gill
hi i am going to cala blanca on 9th october could anyone tell me what the weather is like in october
we have booked for july next year....have never been to menorca, and we usually got to turkey.....

what kind of weather does menorca have in july...mixed? cloudy? rain?

i have looked at the history bit on wunderground, but they never seem tt accurate really,

many thanks
We went to Menorca for a fortnight in July, although it was about 5 years since and we had two weeks of uninterupted blue skys and hot, consistent temperatures throughout.

We were only staying in a three key apartment and were used to 4* hotels lol and boy did we miss having airconditioning (serves me right for being cheap :rofl ) as we only had a ceiling fan in the main bedroom and nothing at all in the lounge where the kids were on two sofa beds. We were amazed at how hot it was and assumed leaving windows open for a blow through would have been sufficient. How wrong we were.

If you like Turkey weather, fingers crossed that you get the same as we did. :tup

Doe :wave
thanks doe, for the quick reply.....

i am hoping its cooler than turkey, so we can get a good look around the island, and enjoy it.. :)
Hi K&R,
Have been going to Menorca now for 11 years, first 2 weeks in July. It was very hot during the day and when we went into Ciutadella at tea time, it was showing 31 degrees and that was at 7.30pm.

You can always find some shade in the bars and restaurants though :rofl

We have already booked our flights and apartment for the 2nd July next year. Youve got to be in it to win it, so they say.

Linsi
:sun2
Hi Anyone know what the weather is like as due to go in 10 days!! :sun2
Hi kathyandpaul,
Just had a look at the forecast (but that was for cala en Bosch) and for 10 days time it is mid 20's. Nice one :tup
Linsi
hi,me and some mates are looking for a holiday for mid may,around the 16th,for a week,we've looked at salou and a few other places but have seen a good deal for cala n forcat,what we really want to know is what the weather is like,if it rarely gets above 20 degrees or is rainy then we'll give it a miss,we don't expect the 40 degrees we're used to but we do want to do some sunbathing and get some tanning on the go. we checked on holiday weather and wunderground and found the averages for menorca were coming up as about 17 degrees
:yikes

Rather hear it from a real person than a statistics website so any advice appreciated,thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.