Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
weather
60 Posts
hello i go to menorca every year in september and there has been about three rainy days whilst we have been there and that is in the last 7 years and we always go for 2 weeks so i think the weather is always great in september wheras am going in sept and oct this year and the wather wil probably be great again.
We went mid-September last year for 2 weeks and the weather was great. Think it rained twice when we were there, once during the transfer to the resort (for about 5 minutes) and once during the night and we didnt notice.

We have booked Majorca this year at the same time of year which we hope will be a similar situation.
Hi everyone who as been to menorca :lol:
We are due to travel during the half term hols in mid october so if anyone knows what last years weather was like please could you update us!
However given the weather this year I suppose its anyones guess! We have just had a week down cornwall and had great weather!
Any information appreciated
Regards
Jasmine
Hi Jasmine ... while you wait for some personal feedback here, if you click on the link in Biff's post at the top of this thread, you can use the History & Almanac function to check weather conditions on specific dates in previous years.

David :wave
We went to Es Castell 1st week in October last year and weather was lovely. Averged about 25 degrees everyday and only saw about 3 hours rain on 1 day only. Resorts were quiet, but if you are going half term, I suppose it will be a bit livelier.
Thanks sutty for the information!
Jasmine
We are flying out on Friday to son parc....just wondering do we need a cardi at night, its just that our suitcases are so full already!!
Any info much appreciated.
Gilly.
Just wondered what the weather is like now in Son Bou? Never been to Menorca before - been checking the forecasts on BBC site - disappointed to see it's supposed to be raining today?? Is this right. Was hoping for guaranteed sunshine after lousy UK weather.
Just been on Menorca-net.co.uk and someone on holiday says it is thundering and raining,but in Menorca it can stop just as soon as it start's sometimes.Don't be too worried you will have a brilliant time it is gorgeous there,we go in sept and it usually rains then but not for long.
Thanks Mary B - hope you're right!
Do you think the weather will be good enough to get a tan in mid sept in menorca?
Wondering to go here or tenirife
Hi Scarlet,
I suppose tenerife is better :? However after the research I have done on the weather the outlook looks ok for Septemeber and October. (From previous years information and menorca will be much cheaper.
I would advise a cardigan for the evenings :wink:
Hope this helps
Jasmine
Hi again!!! :lol:
We are due ton travel to sa caleta on the 19th october so based on my hopefully wonderful research the weather will be beautiful :P
If any one as been to these parts feel free to update me on the resort or weather 8) we are really looking forward to it!!!
Regards Jasmine :yipee
Hi Scarlet it better be good we are going 12-19sept,usually go this time of year aswell as June.Last year we had thunder storms the day after we arrived but after that it was good.Have you been before?
No not been to menroca before but we were also looking at sa celata. we have two children 7 and 8. looked on here and i think the resort sounds great for families.
im really torn if to risk going to menorca or go to tenirife where i know it will be still quite warm.
what do you all think.??
Do you think the weather will be good enough to get a tan in mid sept in menorca?

I realise this was a genuine question so just to say that the weather is still really warm and sunny in September so yes you would get a tan and a good one too. I have been to Menorca 3 times, twice during the October half term and last year in September and had mostly really good weather with just the odd rainy/cloudy day.
hello my family and i are going to santo tomas on may 9th can anyone tell me what the average tempeture is for that time of year? I bet it rains it always rains!!!! lol
I don't think May is a "rainy" month. However it can be a bit windy. We have been twice later in May (23rd-) and it has been windy but mostly sunny. You would need something a bit warmer for the evenings, they can be a bit chilly. We did have some rain but never for a whole day.
hey thanks for the reply what sort of tempeture can we expect? is it hot enough to get a tan? is menorca like the canaries for wind then? thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.