Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Re: Mount Teide
67 Posts
I managed to complete my second climb to the summit of Teide last Monday. Should anyone be interested, they can read about the climb here:
http://walktenerife.blogspot.com/
Thanks Cyberhiker (Gary) for that very informative post, well thought out,

Dave. :tup
wow that was fascinating, what an achievement :)

Thanks for posting it, the video and music added to the atmosphere too :tup

I shall read about your other walks too.

We were in Tenerife at the end of January, and had booked a trip to Mount Teide, not having been since our first visit to the island in 2001. However the trip was cancelled due to the snow in the National Park! We only got as far as Tamaimo. Never mind, there's always next time.
Anyone know the time of the first cable car up.

We have visited Tenerife twice before and visited Teide on both occations, we have never taken the cable car to the top, mainly, because when we get there the queue is almost down to Santa Cruz. So, this time we are determined to tick this one off.

So, can anyone help.
Hi Peter.

This website says they start running at 09:00:-

http://www.todotenerife.es/index.php?sectionID=13&lang=2&s=2&ID=3889

When we went, we tried to get there early but it was shut due to high winds - which I believe is quite common - we had a wait till it opened in the afternoon when the winds had died down. So you may be in for a wait anyway.

Good luck, it is worth the wait, stunning views.

Jock.
Thank you for your reply and web link.

We normally hire a car for 5 days in the middle of our stay, so do not mind traveling up there over a couple of days.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.