Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
We stay at the Smolian room only. It is a Balkan holidays hotel. Basic but nice. Situated on the main road near the bus station. Not too far from the main strip and beach.

Dee
Hi,
It looks like you have been looking at sunny beach. I stay at the pliska hotel in golden sands the other main resort. my wife and me also book through balkan holidays and have no complaints. The pliska is a 3 star hotel basic but kept very clean and with friendly staff. Golden sands has plenty to offer,with good restaurants,pubs,night life. Hope you find a place and have a good holiday.

cornish lad
Many thanks, i will note these places and ask my girlfriend of her thoughts.. Many Thanks :)
Jamie
Think you'll find that the Majestic is a better hotel than the Meridian.
Hi Jamjam90.

dont know of any particular reason why the Majestic would be considered better other than that is where one or two of the Bulgarian national football team have apartments namely Berbatov & Stillian Petrov. :wave:
ah.. A thing to consider then! :) thank you.
One other thing, what sort of weather can i expect on 17th september? for 10 days....

Jamie
The weather from 2nd week in Sept onwards can be a bit hit and miss. Glorious sunshine , rain,thunderstorms. Gets a bit chilly at nights also. You'll probably get a mixture.

Toonman
Hmm... thanks for the tip-off.. Hopefully it'll be ok...

Jamie
Hey, well if you want to be more central of sunny beach ie closer to the bars, shops and beach i wouldnt go for the meridian, it would be abit of a walk, although there is a bus which is about 40p, also taxi firms but ive heard they are abit dodgy. Why dont you have a look at the Bellevue beach hotel, i stayed there last year, the hotel was lovely, the food.. well as many other hotels wasnt up to scratch but it was perfectly edible but your SC anyway so no need to worry. Another few nice ones i can think of off the top of my head ... Victoria Palace, Chaika resort, Glarus Beach hotel. These are all well situated, beachfront hotels only a short walk (5-10mins) to centre of sunny beach 'flower street'

Good luck, and have a nice time!

Hmmm just noticed im abit late haha! oh well
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.