Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Meal cost ?
11 Posts
Sorry i cannot comment on Soho Square as we haven't been yet, but on the whole we take around £300. We eat out, have drinks out of the hotel every night and go on trips. We have always come back with money. I can hazard a guess to see Soho is a bit dearer than Naama Bay. Wine for the decent stuff is expensive in restaurants as well as other imported alcohol, but beer usual price. Hope that helps alittle, oh and by the way, we stay all inclusive as well for two weeks.
We didn't have any meals out, but found the drinks fairly expensive in Soho Square. It's only a small place so I suppose there isn't as much competition.
Many thanks Derwent and Helen :tup

Since I posted I did some more reading up and I think in Soho Sq 1 beer is around £3.00 as you say not many places there, ok for a quick wander round just something different than the Hotel of a evening if it's quiet.

Think we will head to the Old Sharm, am I right in thinking going by google maps it's after Naama Bay going towards Hurghada ?

Regards,

BBilly
Hi BBilly,

We returned back from Sharm on 7th Sept (stayed in Nabq Bay)

Thought we would venture out into Soho Square one evening to eat and do a bit of shopping (bag for son's girlfriend!) To say we were disappointed is an understatement. Yes, the area is lovely, very upmarket compared to the rest of Sharm, but we were so disappointed with the lack of choice of restaurants ....... or perhaps we were walking around blind!!! We did come across a Steak House which was situated above the Queen Vic Pub (yes, you heard right!) but the prices were beyond a joke ........ steak as a mian course 290 EGP!!!! I asked my husband to double check the price as I couldn't believe the price ....... but it was correct. Needless to say we didn't eat there.

Regards,
Pat
Pat - that was the place where we had a drink - I couldn't remember the name of the place. Hubby says we paid 17 Euros for 3 bottles of beer & a glass of lemonade - we just had the one :really
Hubby says we paid 17 Euros for 3 bottles of beer & a glass of lemonade - we just had the one

You sure helen? Don't think you'd have used Euros there :think
Hello Pat,

Thanks for that :tup

Looks like we are just going to go to Soho Sq then for a short visit to have a look at the fountain, we don't mind spending but the price you mention is a bit steep so I think we shall head into Naama or Old Shake and have a meal out there :)
BBilly.
Billy, a 500ml bottle of Sakkara in the Queen Vic is LE30, fish & chips is LE52. there is a parade of restaurants on the left as you enter Soho Sq, Indian, Chinese, etc. All looked nice, but not sure about price.
Nice one doonhamer thanks for the info :tup
Sorry - don't know why I said Euros - probably because we'v just come back from Greece ;) It was the equivalent of £17.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.