Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I only had a quick scan of their webpage chris but sure I noticed dive school mentioned .

edit ... yes here... mentions they have their own marina with snorkelling and scuba diving . Doesnt mean they would be based on site of course but it appears to be offered .
http://xperience-hotels.com/front/content/HotelOverViewContentPage.htm?id=200
I must admit the coral is far better in Sharm but as i cant swim it isnt so important to me.
Some people we met did say the snorkling was better further south around Makadi Bay.
I also can understand going back to the same place as thats how I feel about Icmeler,returning every October for many years.
I always manage to get a good deal as we are "early retired" and can go at any time.
I only went to Hurghada last year as the deal was so amazing,£355 each for 2 weeks. :tup
We were willing to pay double that but held off because of the uncertainty of Thomas Cook and the thought of travelling 310 miles to Gatwick in the snow which thankfully didnt materialise this year.
Even if we dont make Egypt this winter we will definately go to Tunisia in March and Turkey in May. :sun2 :sun2
Happy new year to you too Lyn.I would go on holiday before my op but last time I got told off the nurse at the Dermatology department for having a tan. :rofl :rofl
Thanks for looking that up for me Lyn, still dithering. Also remember the dive operation wasn't Emperor it was Aquarius, they must service the HV, Coral Sea, Sensarori etc as I remember her saying they went from a fantastic beach, which I guess must have been the one at the Conrad as it was then. Did u book the Hilton at the £88 per night rate, will the room upgrade be to the new bit, or does it mean they will drive you round and round on the buggy until you hand pick your room as you are such a regular. :rofl I liked the 'old' side, just something about it.

That was certainly a bargain you got Jean at £355 for a fortnight :yikes :D dont think you will ever beat that !
I think it's having the HH card Chris . That seems to automatically give you an upgrade providing you have reached a certain level although being a repeat guest gives you some added bargaining power in room choice etc. last couple of times we got upgraded to the new side .. a delux room I think but I told them thanks but no thanks we'll have a sea view room in blocks 1 or 2. first time I just requested sea view .. Big mistake .. that involved the buggy tour because the room we got allocated was slight sea view .. better of the building site next door . need to be more specific . Learnt my lesson there . :D
No havnt booked it yet Chris although dont think that is a bad price . I need to be sure there are no other bargains out there that might give my negotiating skills some added back up.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.