Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I did try to ring hotels4U at the weekend but they were closed and I havnt bothered again . Might do later when I get home . At least then I can make a decision and be prepared to weigh up the cost of both when EJ release flights .

Im not even convinced it would bother us when we got there if the buffet was perfectly adequate .

I did check direct holidays last night after reading it was in the direct delux collection . Again it hadnt come up on the normal direct search but found it now . Just slightly over 4K so a bit cheaper but probably still a lot more than DIY . I will keep an eye on their prices I think .
My gut feeling having checked a lot of prices for El Gouna & Makadi Bay this year, is that the Three Corners Ocean View will be less, but if it hasn't got the diving you need, it won't be worth any saving you make. :think

At least you have got a couple of choices. Have you looked on the Three Corners website ? They are like Hilton Hotels, you can book direct with them and book an Ej flight. Also they show room plans & layouts of where the pools, restaurants are etc

I didn't even know direct had a direct delux collection :duh

http://www.threecorners.com

xxx
I think both will have the same diving chris but with the Sunrise they can go straight out from the jetty next door at fort Arabesque by Rib although there will always be those dive sites where a day boat is needed . Im guessing at Three corners el gouna it will all be day boats out of the marina but as you say that may not be such a problem if three corners is situated right in the marina . Must say personally im drawn to the three corners but think the men would prefer the sunrise .

I suppose it will come down to price too so if EJ release those flights I would probably just take a gamble and sucure hurgarda flights at a good price before deciding .

No hadnt looked at that link although I did for sunrise . will have a better look when I get home.. thanks for that .
Are the hurgharda flights for the easter period due for release soon Lyn ?

xxx
shouldnt be far off . It was August when I booked last year and they had been out a while .
Lyn don't know if you are still following this post but I was on holiday booking site the other day and noticed that as well as the Hilton Dahab had another couple of AI hotels, the Iberotel and Tropitel. As they are chains they may take direct bookings.

Didn't look at any reviews though as we will either go back to El Gouna or Sharm next I would imagine. But thought I would mention it. I cant remember which site though, it wasn't mainstream might have been longwoods, or easyjet holidays as I have been looking at them - well my browsing history tells me I have :rofl

xxx
Brilliant thanks chris will take a looksey .. I may have got a bit confused there but not part of the hilton chain though are they ??
Not sure Lyn, as not an expert on Hiltons only ever stayed at the HSB. If they are maybe they will show on the hilton's own web-site so that could be your way of checking ? Then you could do a DIY. I think the diving in Dahab might be different from the diving in Sharm as it it is a long way up the coast and they have the blue hole up there that many like to dive.
xxx
From reseach yes I think they have their only selection of dive sites in Dahab . It was the blue hole they wanted to do this year but after offering it to Dave and waiting patiently for the day to arrive they were told "nope sorry , diesel shortage cant use the truck " . funny don't all the boats use diesel too :que
:duh They probably just couldn't be bothered to take them up there to be honest. Maybe if they had a dozen folk wanting to go they might have been thought twice, but it seems like it can be a bit hit & miss if you want to travel further afield - annoying for them though, especially as they had been told that it was going to happen as it gets peoples hopes up, it would have been more honest of them to have said no in the first place rather than raise their expectations. Must have been particularly disappointing for your youngest. :(

xxx
Yeah probably chris .. although they said originally they need 8 for it to be a go-er and they got that , same as for the Thistlegorm which is much further and still went . It doesnt take many to make it pay for them . Im sure it was just an excuse for some other reason but of course it left them wanting to go to Dahab as a possible holiday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.