Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Cider
11 Posts
Cider has been on sale for many years in a few bars on the CCB strip :cheers and it is to die for, that is one taste and you wish you were dead :yikes it is absolutely awful :rofl :rofl
That must be the Tempest then

one word shocking
Hi all :cheers
remember a few years ago....(cannot remember the name of the place....)...somewhere was advertising cider for sale...it turned out to be there "homemade" type....apple juice and white wine :yikes
Noggin, it could have been the Peacock at the bottom of Beach Road around the corner from Silver Sands, that's what I got got when they said they had cider, place has been closed for around 3 years now.
Noggin

It was a bar on CSM road. Cant remember the name now but was on the left as you walked down. Had a little patio type thing on the front with about 6 stools

Tried it but was nothing like the real thing
that would be Eclipse bar i think
or was it KC's the Scottish bar set up by Kath and Charlie about twenty years ago, it also used to do a draught Kingfisher which was a lot better than the bottled stuff it is next door to Gilberts Store

The Eclipse bar moved from CSM road at least five years ago and has been Fire & Ice ever since and is part of Pauls shop which is directly opposite Gilberts
KC's sounds right. Its opposite fire n ice
Strangely enough we went to the Eclipse bar on the Baga road the other night and they indeed do have homemade cider by the litre, even just a half for the faint hearted however I still did not try it but the meals we had there, were very good for the money, the mixed grill at 290 rupee was massive and I had a plate full of steak, eggs .mushrooms, tomato's and chips for about 250

Great value but totally messed up my diet, so washed it down with a few Honey bees
Looks like the Eclipse will be getting a few visits in January then
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.